MYSTICAL MYANMAR: A GOLDEN LAND RIPE FOR DISCOVERY
Closed off for decades, Myanmar remains untainted by the globalisation seen elsewhere in Asia. Travelling in Myanmar is like travelling back in time. Hoof and muscle are used in place of machines, and western fashion sensibilities haven’t set root. For those looking for a ‘pure’ travel destination, Myanmar is it.
EXPLORE OUR MYANMAR
Southeast Asia’s largest and western-most nation, Myanmar is at the crossroads between East Asia and South Asia, sharing borders with both Bangladesh and India. The result is an intoxicating blend of cultural influences. Combined with a traditional ways of life that prevails due to decades of isolation following British colonial rule, Myanmar’s geography contributes to a sense of ‘otherworldliness’ not found elsewhere in Asia.
From exploring the Big Four and sailing the Mergui Archipelago to pilgrimage trails up the majestic Mt. Popa, a trip to Myanmar is anything but ordinary.
- WWII history of Kanchanburi
- Visit Kamphangphet Historical Park
- Nature at Lan Sang and Taksin National Park
- Ancient pagodas and churches of Mawlamyine
- Circle train ride through Yangon
The Legend of Pila Island - Mergui Archipelago
- Barefoot luxury at Awei Pila Resort
- Panoramic views of the Mergui Archipelago
- Eco-friendly stay that protects the environment
- Indulge in pampering spa treatments
- Snorkel or dive the surrounding waters
Myitkyina and Kachin State
- Discover Kachin culture
- Visit Myitkyina’s highlights
- Cruise the Myit Sone confluence
- See Kachin traditional weaving
- Meet local blacksmiths
Whether in search of colonial splendour, boutique escapes, tropical villas or traditional stays with sunrise temple views, Myanmar’s top accommodation choices can be found in our list of preferred hotels.
Yadanarpon Dynasty Hotel
Hotel Yadanarbon Mandalay
WHEN TO GO & WEATHER
Myanmar has three distinct seasons: cold-dry season (November-February), hot-dry season (March-April), and wet season (May-October). Due to crowds in the cold-dry season, rainy season may be the ideal time to visit!
MANDALAY / BAGAN / INLE