Japan EXO Adventure
Find a path less-travelled
DARE TO EXPERIENCE JAPAN
Japan’s ruggedly beautiful and rarely-trodden trekking trails and little-known cycling routes offer travellers an entirely new way to discover the Land of the Rising Sun. Whether it’s hiking the Hida Alps or cycling open coastal roads of the Noto Peninsula, Japan adventures are simply remarkable.
EXPLORE OUR JAPAN
Consisting of several thousand volcanic islands, Japan is home to a dizzying array of landscapes, terrains and climates. Stretching some 3,000 kilometres fron north to south, no point in the vast Japanese archipelago is more than 150km from the sea. This deep connection to the ocean has long played a role in Japanese ways of life. When combined with dramatic scenery, hospitable people and unseen places, Japan has all the makings of an epic place for adventure.
JAPAN ADVENTURE HIGHLIGHTS
Japan’s position as an island nation is uniquely well-suited for travellers in search of something different. The diverse climates from north to south mean adventure travel is possible all year round. From trekking unpaved trails of Kumano Kodo or snorkelling crystalline waters in Okinawa, to cycling the backroads of Japan’s quaint countryside, there are magnificent options to suit the tastes of any adventurer.
JAPAN ADVENTURE TRAVEL & TOURS
Whether it is a challenging trek up ancient routes or cycling the open coastal roads our Adventure tours in Japan reveal to travellers just why this country is so celebrated for its diverse set of offbeat attractions. Coupled with stays at traditional inns and relaxing dips in natural hot springs, the warm hospitality and friendly nature of the Japanese creates a definitive adventure experience.
Kumano Kodo and Ama Divers
- Hike ancient trails of the Kii Peninsula
- Stay at traditional inns or ‘ryokans’
- Enjoy scenic mountains and natural hot springs
- Meet and get to know the Ama divers
- Experience Tokyo nightlife
Western Japan Multi-Activity Adventure
- Discover ancient routes of Nakasendo Walk
- Explore UNESCO town of Kyoto on bicycle
- Learn about iconic art & architecture of Naoshima
- Trek up Mount Aso with stunning views of the region
- Visit the famous Shiratani Unsuikyo Ravine of Yakushima Island
Kansai Cycling Explorer
- Cycle through varying landscapes of Kyoto & Nara
- Enjoy a relaxing dip in natural hot springs of Kurama
- Discover ancient routes and historical temples
- Overnight stay at the scared Enryakuji Temple
- Bike through winding roads of Uji’s green tea plantation