Be charmed by a different, more authentic side of Hue. Venture into the countryside, seeing the Thanh Toan covered bridge and exploring miles of colourful countryside. Stop to witness craftsmen making woodblock prints and paper flowers in traditional villages and return to Hue by boat on the scenic Perfume River.
MEALS [ L ]
On the outskirts of the city stop at Thanh Toan, a remarkable bridge built more than 200 years ago. One of only two covered bridges in Vietnam, Thanh Toan has stood the test of time, lasting through wars, floods and numerous storms.
Carry on through the countryside to Thanh Tien. For hundreds of years the residents of this village have made beautiful paper flowers including chrysanthemums, orchids and lotus designs. Witness the locals crafting these delicate creations and learn about their role in traditional Vietnamese culture.
Nearby is Sinh, a scenic village situated on the lower stretch of the Perfume River. Visit family-run workshops where skilled craftsmen make woodblock prints, another of Central Vietnam’s ancient art forms. These hand-made items are used during the Lunar New Year as burning effigies for ancestor worship. See the prints being made from start to finish, using techniques handed down from generation to generation.
Return to town with a relaxing trip along the Perfume River (approximately 40 minutes), enjoying one last look at Hue’s charming countryside as the ship boat cruises to Hue for the end of the tour.
Our services include:
– English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– International and domestic Flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Tips, Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Sunset Boat Cruise On The Thu Bon River – Join in Tour
- Take a scenic boat cruise along Hoi An’s Thu Bon River
- Watch the sunset over the coconut-lined river banks
- Climb in a traditional basket boat for a local-style adventure
Da Nang City Tour
- Explore Danang’s thrilling mix of old and new
- Glimpse into Vietnam’s military past at an insightful museum
- Visit Marble Mountain for fabulous views over Da Nang
Saigon Coffee Culture & Food Scene
- Learn all about Vietnamese specialty coffee and the typical morning routine of the locals
- Discover an 80-year-old coffee warehouse and sip a cup of aromatic coffee
- Meet with a certified barista and learn all about coffee brewing techniques
Healthy Cooking Class at an Organic Farm
- Visit a beautiful organic farm full of local vegetables and herbs
- Learn about the healthy balance of foods in Vietnamese cuisine
- Experience a hands-on cooking class with truly healthy recipes
Cruise to Can Gio Mangrove Forest – Join In Tour
- Encounter Vietnam’s rich biodiversity near Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel by boat through an incredible mangrove forest
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary to see monkeys, crocodiles and more
Walking Through Saigon’s Back Alley
- Take guided walking tour through vibrant Ho Chi Minh City
- Explore markets and neighbourhoods for a taste of local culture
- Meet with local monks, learning about their beliefs and lives