Because of its unique collection of historically significant architecture, Saigon is often called the ‘Pearl of Indochina’. Its buildings capture the long history from the first era of Saigon until today. Explore the city on board a vintage car with a renowned history expert who is eager to share details and anecdotes of the city’s colourful heritage.
MEALS [ L ]
Meet with a respected history researcher at the hotel lobby. Retrace Saigon’s past with classical and timeliness beauty of a vintage car. Start at the French colonial area with a visit to the Archbishop's Palace and its more than 200-year-old house of prayer.
Continue through the years and meet with a local who lived through the Vietnam War. Visit Gia Long Palace, built in 1885 combining classical Baroque architecture elements with European and Oriental influences.
Continue to a private home, famous for its role in the planning of the well-known Tet Offensive before returning back to the hotel. During the ride back, there is an option to visit a restored opium factory. Considering the importance of the opium trade in the first half of the last century, this is another interesting perspective of Saigon’s history and power struggles.
Conclude the tour by saying goodbye to the tour guide and relive some fascinating Saigon memories collected over the next couple of days.
Our services include:
– English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– Transfer as mentioned by vintage car
– Entrance fees as mentioned A unit of beverage at local cafe
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– Tips, Travel insurance
– Day/ overnight cruise
– Gratuities, personal expenses, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Sunset Boat Cruise On The Thu Bon River – Join in Tour
- Take a scenic boat cruise along Hoi An’s Thu Bon River
- Watch the sunset over the coconut-lined river banks
- Climb in a traditional basket boat for a local-style adventure
Da Nang City Tour
- Explore Danang’s thrilling mix of old and new
- Glimpse into Vietnam’s military past at an insightful museum
- Visit Marble Mountain for fabulous views over Da Nang
Saigon Coffee Culture & Food Scene
- Learn all about Vietnamese specialty coffee and the typical morning routine of the locals
- Discover an 80-year-old coffee warehouse and sip a cup of aromatic coffee
- Meet with a certified barista and learn all about coffee brewing techniques
Healthy Cooking Class at an Organic Farm
- Visit a beautiful organic farm full of local vegetables and herbs
- Learn about the healthy balance of foods in Vietnamese cuisine
- Experience a hands-on cooking class with truly healthy recipes
Cruise to Can Gio Mangrove Forest – Join In Tour
- Encounter Vietnam’s rich biodiversity near Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel by boat through an incredible mangrove forest
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary to see monkeys, crocodiles and more
Walking Through Saigon’s Back Alley
- Take guided walking tour through vibrant Ho Chi Minh City
- Explore markets and neighbourhoods for a taste of local culture
- Meet with local monks, learning about their beliefs and lives