For food and culture lovers, this evening’s visit to a typical home of a celebrity chef in Vietnam will be a culinary discovery like no other. Discover how a traditional Hanoian family dines learning to prepare a traditional shared meal try while practicing tips on how to dine like a Hanoian.
MEALS [ L ]
Gather around a typical family meal with a shared tray of food in the center and enjoy an interactive talk with the chef about dining practices including and some interesting dos and don’ts. For example, younger members always have to wait for the elders to eat first, or a woman always needs to sit right next to the rice pot.
Then get hands-on to prepare a traditional Hanoi family meal tray which normally includes the five fundamental tastes - spicy, sour, bitter, salty and sweet that also represent the elements such as metal, wood, fire, water and earth in Vietnamese culture. It is common to also find eggplant pickles that is a must for every meal. If feeling adventurous, take a sniff of the strong flavour of typical fermented shrimp paste.
Once ready, take a seat and practice the dining etiquette that was just learned while indulging in the meal and tuck-in just like how a traditional Hanoian does. Bid farewell to the host with a little hand-made souvenir gift.
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver in A/C vehicle
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Drinking water during the tour
– Dinner with a drink ( incl beer, soft drink & water)
Our services do not include:
– Camera / video entrance fees
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– Gratuities, personal expenses, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Sunset Boat Cruise On The Thu Bon River – Join in Tour
- Take a scenic boat cruise along Hoi An’s Thu Bon River
- Watch the sunset over the coconut-lined river banks
- Climb in a traditional basket boat for a local-style adventure
Da Nang City Tour
- Explore Danang’s thrilling mix of old and new
- Glimpse into Vietnam’s military past at an insightful museum
- Visit Marble Mountain for fabulous views over Da Nang
Saigon Coffee Culture & Food Scene
- Learn all about Vietnamese specialty coffee and the typical morning routine of the locals
- Discover an 80-year-old coffee warehouse and sip a cup of aromatic coffee
- Meet with a certified barista and learn all about coffee brewing techniques
Healthy Cooking Class at an Organic Farm
- Visit a beautiful organic farm full of local vegetables and herbs
- Learn about the healthy balance of foods in Vietnamese cuisine
- Experience a hands-on cooking class with truly healthy recipes
Cruise to Can Gio Mangrove Forest – Join In Tour
- Encounter Vietnam’s rich biodiversity near Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel by boat through an incredible mangrove forest
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary to see monkeys, crocodiles and more
Walking Through Saigon’s Back Alley
- Take guided walking tour through vibrant Ho Chi Minh City
- Explore markets and neighbourhoods for a taste of local culture
- Meet with local monks, learning about their beliefs and lives