Indulge in the best food Hanoi has to offer with a passionate local expert. Wander through the hidden corners of Hanoi, seeking out delicious regional delicacies and exotic snacks. In addition to the tasty treats, the tour provides a great insight into the vibrant, authentic lifestyles of the Vietnamese people.
MEALS [ L ]
Carry on to the Dong Xuan market where, amid the stalls selling handbags, clothes and other goods, are popular noodle shops. Sample treats such as pho tiu, noodle soup with pork and herbs, and bun dau, tofu served in soup with rice noodles and shrimp paste. The guide will share the secrets of these dishes and explain about Vietnamese meal times.
Meander onwards to the Old Quarter and explore the maze of laneways of this historic neighbourhood. See ceremonial cake stalls and stop to taste a special French-influenced dessert. An explanation on traditions and food gifts for celebrations will be given. Continue walking along Hang Cot Street where popular preserved fruits are sold and onto other streets with unusual special items for sale.
The tour wraps up at a busy, but small, coffee shop. Sit down and enjoy a sweet iced coffee or a slow-dripped hot brew while watching the passing scenes of local life. This is the perfect way to end a wonderful culinary and culture Hanoi tour.
Our services include:
– Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
– English speaking local guide only
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– International and domestic Flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Tips, Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Sunset Boat Cruise On The Thu Bon River – Join in Tour
- Take a scenic boat cruise along Hoi An’s Thu Bon River
- Watch the sunset over the coconut-lined river banks
- Climb in a traditional basket boat for a local-style adventure
Da Nang City Tour
- Explore Danang’s thrilling mix of old and new
- Glimpse into Vietnam’s military past at an insightful museum
- Visit Marble Mountain for fabulous views over Da Nang
Saigon Coffee Culture & Food Scene
- Learn all about Vietnamese specialty coffee and the typical morning routine of the locals
- Discover an 80-year-old coffee warehouse and sip a cup of aromatic coffee
- Meet with a certified barista and learn all about coffee brewing techniques
Healthy Cooking Class at an Organic Farm
- Visit a beautiful organic farm full of local vegetables and herbs
- Learn about the healthy balance of foods in Vietnamese cuisine
- Experience a hands-on cooking class with truly healthy recipes
Cruise to Can Gio Mangrove Forest – Join In Tour
- Encounter Vietnam’s rich biodiversity near Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel by boat through an incredible mangrove forest
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary to see monkeys, crocodiles and more
Visit Duong Lam Village
- Travel through the scenic Red River Delta to Duong Lam Village
- Explore the alleys and houses of a 1,200-year-old village
- Delve in Vietnam’s spiritual world and witness the unique culture of its rural areas