Become immersed in Vietnamese culture and heritage with an excursion to the ancient village of Duong Lam. Wander through its narrow alleyways to discover 400-year-old houses and unusual local temples. Hear tales of the past from locals and see their way of life which remains mostly untouched by the modern world.
MEALS [ L ]
Arrive in Duong Lam ancient village, a purely agricultural village which was founded 1200 years ago. Take a walking tour through the village, experiencing the dramatic difference from Hanoi’s busy streets and Duong Lam’s tranquil pace. Explore Mong Phu commune - the only hamlet whose original village entrance remains intact. Then continue through the narrow alleys to see the old laterite houses which make up this charming village. For lunch enjoy a local style meal in a 100-year old house.
After lunch, continue driving to Mia Pagoda (located in another hamlet of Duong Lam), built in the 15th century. Admire the 287 statues of all sizes can be seen here, among which are famous sculptures such as the statue of Buddha and the statues of the ‘Eight Vajra Deities’. Then, visit Ngo Quyen temple and Phung Hung temple, places dedicated to two national heroes - Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung.
On the return to Hanoi stop at Tay Phuong Pagoda, one of Vietnam’s first pagodas. Admire Tay Phuong’s beautiful architecture and unique sculptures such as the dragons and demons carved into the wooden roof.
From here it’s a 45-60-minute drive back to Hanoi, arriving in the capital late this afternoon. (L)
Our services include:
-Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
-English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
-Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
-Entrance fees for mentioned visits
Our services do not include:
-Other meals than mentioned
-Other services than mentioned
-International and domestic flights
-Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
-Tips, Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Découvrir la vie sauvage de Danang
- Découvrez la beauté naturelle de la péninsule de Son Tra et de ses environs.
- Apprenez à connaître la conservation de la faune à travers les yeux d'un expert en la matière.
- Observez de loin les singes et les doucs à queue rouge, une espèce menacée, dans leur environnement naturel.
Un saut dans le passé, Danang à vélo
- Explorez les régions cachées en dehors de Danang à vélo.
- Visitez des temples traditionnels, un marché de village et une maison ancienne.
- Rencontrez les habitants et dégustez un déjeuner de style local dans le jardin d'une maison historique.
Atelier autour des huiles essentielles
- Détendez-vous le temps d’un atelier et prenez le temps de comprendre votre moi-intérieur
- Découvrez le pouvoir des huiles essentielles sur votre esprit et votre corps
- Créez une huile essentielle unique en son genre
SIC Sunset Boat Cruise on The Thu Bon River
- Take a scenic boat cruise along Hoi An’s Thu Bon River
- Watch the sunset over the coconut-lined river banks
- Climb in a traditional basket boat for a local-style adventure
Dinner Cruise In Ho Chi Minh City
- Cruising with its Indochinese inspired river cruise vessel
- Authentic live music, traditional art performances and interactive buffet
- Modern Morish Cuisine buffet inspired by flavors, species and taste.
Da Nang City Tour Full-day
- Explore Danang’s thrilling mix of old and new
- Glimpse into Vietnam’s military past at an insightful museum
- Visit Marble Mountain for fabulous views over Da Nang