Get a glimpse of Hanoi’s historical and cultural wonders. See the beautiful Temple of Literature, iconic One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, and more. Get a dose of local culture with a walk through the bustling Old Quarter and catch a brilliant performance of traditional water puppetry.
MEALS [ L ]
Next up is a short drive to the Ho Chi Minh Complex. Follow a long queue to get inside the mausoleum, which is hallowed ground for the Vietnamese people. Witness locals paying homage to the historic father figure of modern Vietnam, and experience the unique reverence that takes place here. Then, take a short walk to Ho Chi Minh’s former house, which is built on stilts. Here, Ho Chi Minh lived from 1958 to 1969 as he orchestrated the movement that eventually lead to the Vietnam’s independence. Walk around the quiet grounds while learning about Ho Chi Minh’s life and legacy. Optionally, take a tour of the nearby One Pillar Pagoda. Built in 1049, it’s one of Vietnam’s most iconic temples.
Afterwards, Hanoi adventure continues with a visit to the famed Temple of Literature. Wander around this incredible compound which was constructed in 1076. Become fascinated with the stories of the building and get a glimpse of the past when it served as a university and temple.
Afterward, head over to the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology (close on Monday). Here, browse informative exhibitions displaying artefacts and infographics that portray the remarkable diversity of Vietnam’s ethnic communities. Meanwhile, take a look at view traditional costumes on display which represent each of the ethnic groups. As an alternative to the Ethnology Museum, visit the highly-acclaimed Vietnamese Women’s Museum.
The museum is located near Hoan Kiem Lake and offers wonderful insight into the lives and heritage of Vietnamese women. Learn historic and modern-day traditions centered around births, weddings, motherhood, spirituality and more.
After lunch; Visit Ho Chi Minh complex with viewing from outside of Mausoleum (closed Monday to Friday from Jun 15th to Aug 15th). Then, take a short walk to Ho Chi Minh’s former house (closed on Monday Afternoon), which is built on stilts. Here, Ho Chi Minh lived from 1958 to 1969 as he orchestrated the movement that eventually lead to the Vietnam’s independence. Walk around the quiet grounds while learning about Ho Chi Minh’s life and legacy. Optionally, take a tour of the nearby One Pillar Pagoda. Built in 1049, it’s one of Vietnam’s most iconic temples.
At the end of the afternoon, embark on a walking tour through Hanoi’s bustling Old Quarter. This area of 36 narrow streets is a lively place to walk around while seeing and learning about Vietnam’s traditional ways of life. Continue through the busy Hang Be Market and around Hoan Kiem Lake. Snap photos and chat with the locals on the way.
Finish the day at the water puppet theatre. Watch an entertaining live performance of this unique northern Vietnamese art form, a great way to end the tour of Hanoi. (L)
Our services include:
– Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
– English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– International and domestic Flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Tips, Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Découvrir la vie sauvage de Danang
- Découvrez la beauté naturelle de la péninsule de Son Tra et de ses environs.
- Apprenez à connaître la conservation de la faune à travers les yeux d'un expert en la matière.
- Observez de loin les singes et les doucs à queue rouge, une espèce menacée, dans leur environnement naturel.
Un saut dans le passé, Danang à vélo
- Explorez les régions cachées en dehors de Danang à vélo.
- Visitez des temples traditionnels, un marché de village et une maison ancienne.
- Rencontrez les habitants et dégustez un déjeuner de style local dans le jardin d'une maison historique.
Atelier autour des huiles essentielles
- Détendez-vous le temps d’un atelier et prenez le temps de comprendre votre moi-intérieur
- Découvrez le pouvoir des huiles essentielles sur votre esprit et votre corps
- Créez une huile essentielle unique en son genre
SIC Sunset Boat Cruise on The Thu Bon River
- Take a scenic boat cruise along Hoi An’s Thu Bon River
- Watch the sunset over the coconut-lined river banks
- Climb in a traditional basket boat for a local-style adventure
Dinner Cruise In Ho Chi Minh City
- Cruising with its Indochinese inspired river cruise vessel
- Authentic live music, traditional art performances and interactive buffet
- Modern Morish Cuisine buffet inspired by flavors, species and taste.
Da Nang City Tour Full-day
- Explore Danang’s thrilling mix of old and new
- Glimpse into Vietnam’s military past at an insightful museum
- Visit Marble Mountain for fabulous views over Da Nang