Delve deeper into Hue’s rich culture with a hands-on cooking class. After shopping for ingredients at a fresh market, join a local chef at her family’s traditional garden house. Learn the secrets behind Hue’s ‘Royal Cuisine’ and discover ancient heritage while preparing a delectable lunch.
MEALS [ L ]
Following the tour, it is time to start cooking. Learn about Royal Cuisine, which is believed by many to be the pinnacle of Vietnamese gastronomy. More than just following a recipe, Royal Cuisine requires a precise way of using spices and careful attention paid to the harmonies of taste and colour.
Using these traditional techniques and heritage recipes, prepare 4-5 dishes alongside Mrs. Thu. Share culinary stories and experiences while slicing, dicing and cooking the local ingredients.
Enjoy the delicious, home-cooked dishes while surrounded by the home’s tranquil gardens. As the Hue culinary adventure concludes, bid farewell to Mrs. Thu and return to the hotel. (L)
Our services include:
-Meals as specified (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
-Transportation with driver in A/C vehicle.
-English or French speaking local guide.
-Entrance fees and activities where mentioned.
Our services do not include:
-Other meals than mentioned
-Other services than mentioned
-International and domestic Flights
-Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
-Tips, Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat