Discover Triem Tay Village, a preserved and peaceful village just a stone’s throw away from Hoi An on Cam Kim Island. Home to nearly 150 families whose livelihoods still revolve around heritage activities such as farming & weaving, this village presents the perfect opportunity to explore Vietnam’s traditional side. Explore on foot, meet the locals, observe first-hand the community-based tourism endeavours underway and enjoy a scenic boat ride back to Hoi An Town.
MEALS [ L ]
Upon arrival continue on foot along the banks of the Thu Bon River. This side of the river is a world apart from the tourism-dominated areas of Hoi An Ancient Town. Take a refreshment break to adjust to the change of pace. While sipping a delicious cafe sua da, enjoy some enchanting traditional songs as the perfect welcome to Triem Tay Village.
Afterwards, explore the serene village on foot and visit some families’ homes to learn about traditional ways of life that have been well preserved up to today. Meet some elders and hear some of their stories and descriptions of traditions in the area. Next, visit an organic farming project created by a group of volunteers to improve the standards of living of locals. This social enterprise works hand in hand with local villagers to educate and encourage the implementation of sustainable ‘green’ agricultural processes in order to benefit future generations as well as the present one. There may be the opportunity to join volunteers and villagers in some gardening activities or, alternatively, take a chance to relax in the shady gazebo.
After sharing a rustic homemade lunch in a local house, continue helping in the garden or explore the peaceful village at leisure. Early afternoon, transfer by local boat along the Thu Bon River back to Hoi An historic town, soaking up the peaceful scenery along the way. Transfer back to your hotel. (L)
Returning to Hoi An about 14:00.
Our services include:
-English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
-Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
-Thu Bon River return boat trip between Hoi An town and village
-Entrance fees for mentioned visits
-Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
-A contribution to support the work of the social enterprise
Our services do not include:
-Other meals & drinks than mentioned
-International and domestic Flights
-Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
-Tips, Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Découvrir la vie sauvage de Danang
- Découvrez la beauté naturelle de la péninsule de Son Tra et de ses environs.
- Apprenez à connaître la conservation de la faune à travers les yeux d'un expert en la matière.
- Observez de loin les singes et les doucs à queue rouge, une espèce menacée, dans leur environnement naturel.
Un saut dans le passé, Danang à vélo
- Explorez les régions cachées en dehors de Danang à vélo.
- Visitez des temples traditionnels, un marché de village et une maison ancienne.
- Rencontrez les habitants et dégustez un déjeuner de style local dans le jardin d'une maison historique.
Atelier autour des huiles essentielles
- Détendez-vous le temps d’un atelier et prenez le temps de comprendre votre moi-intérieur
- Découvrez le pouvoir des huiles essentielles sur votre esprit et votre corps
- Créez une huile essentielle unique en son genre
SIC Sunset Boat Cruise on The Thu Bon River
- Take a scenic boat cruise along Hoi An’s Thu Bon River
- Watch the sunset over the coconut-lined river banks
- Climb in a traditional basket boat for a local-style adventure
Dinner Cruise In Ho Chi Minh City
- Cruising with its Indochinese inspired river cruise vessel
- Authentic live music, traditional art performances and interactive buffet
- Modern Morish Cuisine buffet inspired by flavors, species and taste.
Da Nang City Tour Full-day
- Explore Danang’s thrilling mix of old and new
- Glimpse into Vietnam’s military past at an insightful museum
- Visit Marble Mountain for fabulous views over Da Nang