MEALS [ L ]
The first stop is on the way to My Son.
Located peacefully in the heart of this old town, Ma Chau is the most famous silk village in Central Vietnam with 500 years of tradition and history. Founded in the 15th century and located close to Tra Kieu, Ma Chau village only wove silk supplied to aristocrats, and mandarin classes in the royal court. The stages of growing silkworm cocoons and weaving were made by hundreds of householders in the village following traditional craft methods. Be welcomed by the 18th generation of the only household who still keeps weaving silk by traditional method. Take a cup of tea and let him share his love and passion for silk. Visit an ancient nearly-500-years-old mulberry field, take some leaves and back to his factory to feed silkworm (depends on the time in year). Explore all machine which are developed by himself as well as the pattern frames and its secret. Learn how to distinguish different types of natural silk and how to dye silk by natural color.
Carry on to the cultural highlight of Central Vietnam, the temple complex at My Son. Granted UNESCO World Heritage status in 1999, the tower temples were the seat of the Champa Kingdom for most its existence between the 4th and 13th centuries. Wander around the crumbling ruins, hearing about the Cham culture, its rulers and their impressive reign. Take a moment to soak up the serene atmosphere and imagine what My Son was like in its heyday.
Before departing the site, visit a small museum that has some interesting displays about the Cham era. Then return to the car for the drive back to Hoi An, arriving around midday for more touring, shopping or relaxing.
Our services include:
– English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– International and domestic Flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Tips, Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Sunset Boat Cruise On The Thu Bon River – Join in Tour
- Take a scenic boat cruise along Hoi An’s Thu Bon River
- Watch the sunset over the coconut-lined river banks
- Climb in a traditional basket boat for a local-style adventure
Da Nang City Tour
- Explore Danang’s thrilling mix of old and new
- Glimpse into Vietnam’s military past at an insightful museum
- Visit Marble Mountain for fabulous views over Da Nang
Saigon Coffee Culture & Food Scene
- Learn all about Vietnamese specialty coffee and the typical morning routine of the locals
- Discover an 80-year-old coffee warehouse and sip a cup of aromatic coffee
- Meet with a certified barista and learn all about coffee brewing techniques
Healthy Cooking Class at an Organic Farm
- Visit a beautiful organic farm full of local vegetables and herbs
- Learn about the healthy balance of foods in Vietnamese cuisine
- Experience a hands-on cooking class with truly healthy recipes
Cruise to Can Gio Mangrove Forest – Join In Tour
- Encounter Vietnam’s rich biodiversity near Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel by boat through an incredible mangrove forest
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary to see monkeys, crocodiles and more
Hue In Depth
- Delve into the past with a visit to Hue’s hidden imperial ruins
- Wander through the tombs of eunuchs at a forest pagoda
- See an unusual arena where elephants and tigers used to battle