Be charmed by a different, more authentic side of Hue. Venture into the countryside, seeing the Thanh Toan covered bridge and exploring miles of colourful countryside. Stop to witness craftsmen making woodblock prints and paper flowers in traditional villages and return to Hue by boat on the scenic Perfume River.
MEALS [ L ]
On the outskirts of the city stop at Thanh Toan, a remarkable bridge built more than 200 years ago. One of only two covered bridges in Vietnam, Thanh Toan has stood the test of time, lasting through wars, floods and numerous storms.
Carry on through the countryside to Thanh Tien. For hundreds of years the residents of this village have made beautiful paper flowers including chrysanthemums, orchids and lotus designs. Witness the locals crafting these delicate creations and learn about their role in traditional Vietnamese culture.
Nearby is Sinh, a scenic village situated on the lower stretch of the Perfume River. Visit family-run workshops where skilled craftsmen make woodblock prints, another of Central Vietnam’s ancient art forms. These hand-made items are used during the Lunar New Year as burning effigies for ancestor worship. See the prints being made from start to finish, using techniques handed down from generation to generation.
Return to town with a relaxing trip along the Perfume River (approximately 40 minutes), enjoying one last look at Hue’s charming countryside as the ship boat cruises to Hue for the end of the tour.
Our services include:
-English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
-Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
-Entrance fees for mentioned visits
Our services do not include:
-Other meals than mentioned
-Other services than mentioned
-International and domestic Flights
-Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
-Tips, Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat