Step away from the beaches and discover a more authentic side of Phuket. Learn about the island’s past at the insightful Kathu Tin Mine Museum and explore local cottage industries. Come face-to-face with gibbons at a rehabilitation project and join local devotees at Phuket’s oldest temple.
MEALS [ L ]
Start with a visit to a rubber plantation, one of the main industries in Phuket, along the roadside. Our guide will explain how the rubber sap is collected from the treesand processed after. Continue further away from the shore to Tong Sai National Park, a lush expanse of jungle teeming with wildlife. Meet with a volunteer from the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project (GRP) and learn about the centre’s activities to protect the native gibbon population and their natural habitations. Take a stroll around and see some of the many gibbons being nursed back to health at the centre. Refuel with a cup of local Phuket coffee and some snacks before continuing the excursion.
Take a closer look at Phuket’s past with a visit to the small, but informative Kathu Mining Museum. Get a glimpse of the former glory of Phuket, its people, its economy and its history while learning about the island’s mining industry.
The half-day Phuket tour concludes with a visit to Wat Prathong, one of the oldest temples in Phuket. Gain a deeper insight into Buddhism while watching local devotees praying at this sacred monument.
Our services include:
– Transfers by private Air
– Rubber harvesting demonstration, National museum, donations at different places
– English speaking guide (other language available on request)
– Tip for driver
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– Other gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat