Take to the streets of Phuket’s old town to discover the best local food. Spend the morning wandering from stall to stall, seeing the influences that the island’s multi-cultural background has had on its food. Taste a variety of different dishes and gain a better understanding of Thai’s culinary culture.
MEALS [ L ]
Spend the morning walking along the smaller side streets of the city. Stop at a variety of food stalls, some selling fresh fruits and other produce while others sell freshly cooked snacks and noodle dishes. Many of the food stalls have been run by the same family for generations and there will be a chance to chat with some of these shop owners.
Start with a dim sum breakfast, washed down with a cup of locally-grown coffee. Visit a local shop to learn about the concept of khao kaeng, Thai food served on trays. Then explore a stall piled high with colourful curry pastes and learn about their different uses.
Continue into the old town, stopping in at the informative Post Office Museum for a short visit. Then return to the food trail stopping to taste items like the Malaysian-influenced roti breads and Chinese-style Hokkien noodles. Learn about the origins of these foods which were introduced by immigrants in the 19th century.
Round out the day with some typical southern Thai snacks including a local rendition of a crepe and exotic tropical fruits.
With a full belly and camera-full of fabulous food images, return to the hotel. (L)
Our services include:
– Transfers by private Air
– English speaking guide
– Street food for lunch, snacks and desserts
– Drinking water
– Tip for driver
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– Other gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Local Foodie Koh Phangan
- Visit local bustling fresh food market and observe everyday life.
- Meet the locals in their homes and farms to learn about local produce.
- Learn to cook the way the locals do and prepare lunch
Treasure Hunt & The Golden Mountain
- Discover Bangkok’s historical sites and neighbourhoods on a treasure hunt
- Crack codes and complete missions while walking through the Golden Mountain
- Interact with the locals and enjoy local snacks along the way
Bangkok City Safari – Eco Friendly
- Travel by Bangkok’s public transportation- just like a local
- Witness the production of monk’s bowls at a family workshop
- Visit Jim Thompson House to learn about traditional Thai silk
Ayutthaya Insight by Train
- Discover Ayutthaya, an ancient capital teeming with history
- Travel by train to see Thailand rural landscapes
- Look beyond the historic monuments to discover local culture
Cruising Phang Nga Bay in Style
- Cruise on a private speedboat
- Pass by James Bond Island
- Eat lunch in a private island
Blessings Food and Culture
- Visit Wat Suan Phlu and receive a private blessing from a monk
- Explore unknown Bangkokian Museum for fascinating insights to the city’s history
- Marvel at street along Charoen Krung Road known as the Brooklyn of Bangkok