MEALS [ L ]
The more fun and adventurous when the 4WD into a bit bumpier route towards Muang Khong. Lesser known by tourists, Muang Khong is a small village as well as a sub-district of Chiang Dao, on the banks of the Mae Tang River, hidden behind the Chiang Dao Mountain. A bit of a forgotten place, this village is a genuine gem of a natural beauty unspoiled and relatively isolated for years. Enjoy local lunch served at a local restaurant or a local with a nice view of rice farm.
After lunch, drive through and make a brief stop is made at “Baan Tung Yua”, an authentic Lahu hilltribe village and explore the local way of life and culture. Observe locals doing handicraft produces, the main handicraft is basket weaving.
Arrive in Chiang Mai in the late afternoon. L)
Our services include:Transportation by the 4WD (Mitsubishi Pajero or similar) English speaking tour guide Tours and activities as indicated in the programDrinking water during the tourLunch
Our services do not include:Other meals than mentionedOther services than mentionedGratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items.
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat