MEALS [ L ]
You will be picked up at 08:00. Be met with a local guide and go on a discovery of various little secret places around the island. See how local fishermen live their life, catching squid and fish out at sea. Meet a local friendly monk who has spent many years in Europe. Get into his relaxed and communicative demeanour as he shares insight into Buddhist culture. The small temple makes this a very personal experience.
Proceed to a small house which produces batik clothes, dresses and t-shirts. Be surprised by how creatively the fabrics are dyed using the simplest tools to produce something beautiful. Then visit Mr. Nab’s house, and enjoy the local way of living, seeing chicken running around in the garden and exotic fruits growing. Here, taste the local honey, the colour and flavour depends on the nectar source visited by the bees. Following this, meet Ms. Paew at her small hut cooking fresh chicken and vegetarian snacks. With some luck, her husband will also make sweet Thai Iced Coffee.
Next, discover the secrets of coconuts. Learning more about coconuts and how local families can make a living from plantations. Some coconuts are sent to a local factory to make oil and others for export. Visit the street of Thongsala, a nice place for a walk and browsing through various types of local produces. This was actually the first market on the island.
Return to the hotel by lunch time.
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver in Air-Condition vehicle
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Fresh coconut juice
– Food tasting
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Drinking water
– First aid box
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Local Foodie Koh Phangan – Private Tour
- Visit local bustling fresh food market and observe everyday life.
- Meet the locals in their homes and farms to learn about local produce.
- Learn to cook the way the locals do and prepare lunch
Bangkok Treasure Hunt and The Golden Moutain – Private
- Discover Bangkok’s historical sites and neighbourhoods on a treasure hunt
- Crack codes and complete missions while walking through the Golden Mountain
- Interact with the locals and enjoy local snacks along the way
Bangkok City Safari – Eco Friendly
- Travel by Bangkok’s public transportation- just like a local
- Witness the production of monk’s bowls at a family workshop
- Visit Jim Thompson House to learn about traditional Thai silk
Ayutthaya Insight by Train
- Discover Ayutthaya, an ancient capital teeming with history
- Travel by train to see Thailand rural landscapes
- Look beyond the historic monuments to discover local culture
Cruising Phang Nga Bay In Style
- Cruise on a private speedboat
- Pass by James Bond Island
- Eat lunch in a private island
Grand Palace and Wat Pho in Style
- Witness the early morning gathering of monks
- Visit the Grand Palace
- Marvel at the Emerald Buddha