Spend a day exploring the incredible forest of Koh Phangan with an indigenous jungle escort. With the national park covering more than half the island and filled with medicinal plants such as tumeric, galangal, pandan, and eurycome longifolia, you'll learn about the health properties of the local flora, as well as how people have survived in the jungle for hundreds of years.
MEALS [ L ]
To name a few of the plants, you may come across, the better-known ones such as lemongrass (the most popular natural insect repellent), turmeric roots (anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory and even anti-depressant), galangal roots (skin problems, stomach pain, deworming), and pandan leaves (anti-oxydent, energizer). Among all these, one popular plant that can be found is Eurycome Longifolia, an official name of a kind of plant whose root is used as a health tonic for post-partum recovery as well as the relief of fever, intestinal worms, blood pressure, low sugar, diarrhoea, and indigestion.
So get on this tour, discover the amazing properties of nature and learn how you can integrate these into your diet for the benefit of your health and life! (L)
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver in Air
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Lunch, snacks, and drinking water
– Mosquito spray
– Raincoats Our Services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Local Foodie Koh Phangan
- Visit local bustling fresh food market and observe everyday life.
- Meet the locals in their homes and farms to learn about local produce.
- Learn to cook the way the locals do and prepare lunch
Treasure Hunt & The Golden Mountain
- Discover Bangkok’s historical sites and neighbourhoods on a treasure hunt
- Crack codes and complete missions while walking through the Golden Mountain
- Interact with the locals and enjoy local snacks along the way
Bangkok City Safari – Eco Friendly
- Travel by Bangkok’s public transportation- just like a local
- Witness the production of monk’s bowls at a family workshop
- Visit Jim Thompson House to learn about traditional Thai silk
Ayutthaya Insight by Train
- Discover Ayutthaya, an ancient capital teeming with history
- Travel by train to see Thailand rural landscapes
- Look beyond the historic monuments to discover local culture
Cruising Phang Nga Bay in Style
- Cruise on a private speedboat
- Pass by James Bond Island
- Eat lunch in a private island
Blessings Food and Culture
- Visit Wat Suan Phlu and receive a private blessing from a monk
- Explore unknown Bangkokian Museum for fascinating insights to the city’s history
- Marvel at street along Charoen Krung Road known as the Brooklyn of Bangkok