MEALS [ L ]
Before taking off, all the guests will be given a brief summary about safety instruction, fittings and gears, and the program along the day such as destinations and activities. Then mount the bicycle and head towards the coconut plantation to learn about the coconut making process, how to peel a coconut and make coconut oil and milk. The Pacific Islanders believe that it is the cure for all illness, and that’s why it’s called “The Tree of Life.” It is a good chance to give it a try. There will also be some insights about the work of a coconut-picking monkey, see how owners train monkeys to pick a coconut.
The next stop is at a rubber plantation. Take a chance to see the actual process of how latex tapped from trees become a rubber sheet that will be sold to factories on the mainland. See how the barks are cut to release the latex.
Then, visit Maduawan Temple. Get down from the bike and climb the 195 steps up to enjoy breathtaking views. The guide will also provide an introduction on Buddhism and the daily life of monks.
During the break, it’s time to refresh from tropical weather. Enjoy a beer or some soft drink with local snacks. There will also be local Thai whisky tasting for adults.
Then visit a local herb garden to see and get some knowledge on many original Thai herbs that people use for treating illnesses. Some of them are still widely used today and some have proven to be more effective than western medicine. Then it’s time for shopping! The fresh market is the last stop for the day. Plenty of seafood, local vegetables and fruits are sold here.
Our services include:
– Hotel roundtrip transfers
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Unlimited drinking water, fruits and snacks, soft drink/beer, local whisky tasting
– First aid kit, electrolyte, sun block, mosquito repellent, rain coats, and maintenance kit
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Local Foodie Koh Phangan
- Visit local bustling fresh food market and observe everyday life.
- Meet the locals in their homes and farms to learn about local produce.
- Learn to cook the way the locals do and prepare lunch
Treasure Hunt & The Golden Mountain
- Discover Bangkok’s historical sites and neighbourhoods on a treasure hunt
- Crack codes and complete missions while walking through the Golden Mountain
- Interact with the locals and enjoy local snacks along the way
Bangkok City Safari – Eco Friendly
- Travel by Bangkok’s public transportation- just like a local
- Witness the production of monk’s bowls at a family workshop
- Visit Jim Thompson House to learn about traditional Thai silk
Ayutthaya Insight by Train
- Discover Ayutthaya, an ancient capital teeming with history
- Travel by train to see Thailand rural landscapes
- Look beyond the historic monuments to discover local culture
Blessings Food and Culture
- Visit Wat Suan Phlu and receive a private blessing from a monk
- Explore unknown Bangkokian Museum for fascinating insights to the city’s history
- Marvel at street along Charoen Krung Road known as the Brooklyn of Bangkok
Grand Palace and Wat Pho in Style
- Witness the early morning gathering of monks
- Visit the Grand Palace
- Marvel at the Emerald Buddha