Monuments, museums, and markets- this Chiang Mai walking tour has it all. Explore the historic old town on foot, popping in to visit glittering temples, informative exhibitions, and exploring hidden neighbourhoods. Having walked the length of the city, enjoy a relaxing foot massage that supports a good cause.
MEALS [ L ]
During the tour, get a taste of local life. Visit bustling markets where Chiang Mai’s residents come to buy fresh vegetables, spices, and more. See school kids on their way to class, elderly Thais tending their garden, and other scenes of daily activity in the city.
Explore historic landmarks, including Wat Chiang Man, Chiang Mai’s oldest temple. Walk alongside the crumbling walls of the old town and admire the city’s iconic Three Kings Monument.
Pay a visit to the Lanna Folklife Museum. Located inside a restored colonial building, the Museum showcases the rich heritage of Northern Thailand and provides further insight into the history of Chiang Mai.
Having spent several hours walking, it’s time to refresh tired muscles. Head to the Chiang Mai Women’s Correctional Institute where former female prisoners run a traditional Thai massage spa. The project trains the prisoners to be masseuses, providing them with a valuable skill and allowing them to be self-sufficient after their prison term. Help support this fabulous program by enjoying a thirty-minute foot massage.
Before returning to the hotel take a short stroll to majestic Wat Chedi Luang, the final stop on the Chiang Mai walking tour. After a visit of the temple, return to the hotel by car.
Our services include:
– English speaking guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private Air
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Foot massage (30 minutes)
– Tips for driver
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– International and Domestic Flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Tips for guide, travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat