MEALS [ L ]
Upon arrival, receive a warm welcome from locals and fresh herbal drink, followed by an introduction to the community through stories about the royal initiatives project which established the forest preservation unit and built Huai Lan Reservoir. Learn more about the King Bhumibol’s initiatives ideas on how the land and area should be properly managed for sufficient livelihood. Visit the Fishery Department and learn how the fishing farm has become a significant food resource of local community. Continue to Huai Lan Reservoir, where a full tank of spirit is preserved. Explore the beauty of the reservoir and enjoy its natural panoramic view overlooking the reservoir.
At midday, it’s time to sit down with locals to enjoy simple local dishes cooked by villagers.
After lunch, take a visit to Grandma Som’s Farm, a sustainable-living farm based on the inspiration of the Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy – growing enough to eat first and selling off surplus.
Then, get hands on and experience traditional handloom weaving, thread-spinning and all the weaving processes from the professional women group of the village. These women help preserve the traditional handicraft and local wisdom. Watch and learn from the locals on how to make wicker/weaving crafts, and try to create a cute tiny rice box mobile as a memorable souvenir to take home.
Before saying goodbye to the community, take an afternoon break and try a delicious local dessert, “Kanom-Khee-Maeo”, literally translated to “cat poop dessert”. Rest assured the dessert is deliciously cooked with rice flour and coconut, served with a fresh herbal juice. Learn the simple recipe and try to make them back home for family and friends.
Return back to your hotel in Chiang Mai by 17:00. (L)
Our services include:
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private Air
– English speaking guide and local guide in the community
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Local lunch
– Tips for driver
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– International and domestic flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Tips for guide, travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat