MEALS [ L ]
Continue higher into the hills at Doi Mae Salong to the Santikhiri Kuo Min Tang village. Hear how this village was founded in the 1960s as a refugee camp for Chinese soldiers who had been expelled from Myanmar. See how, 50 years later, the residents retain the traditions of their ancestors, speaking their own language and practicing ancient beliefs. These days the Kuo Min Tang descendants are successful farmers, growing tea and other produce. They also make their own wine from the village’s fruits. Visit a local store to sample some of these items or to buy some as a souvenir from this insightful excursion.
Return down from the mountains and return to the hotel, with a better understanding of Thailand’s diverse ethnic groups.
Our services include:
– English speaking local guide
– Tours and transfers by private Air
– Entrance fees for all visits as mentioned in the itinerary
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights
– Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tips, etc.)
– Travel insurance
– Any service not mentioned above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!