MEALS [ L ]
Be welcomed into Hloyo by the village headman and residents. The hosts will give an informative introduction to the Akha people and their beliefs, religions, traditions and ways of life. Then get a more in-depth look at these customs at a museum. Housed in a mud house, this unique museum is filled with insightful displays about the history of the Akha people.
Walk through the village, seeing traditional bamboo houses constructed by hand. Meet with local artisans and help them create handmade crafts. Then step into the kitchen for a cooking class. Prepare and cook typical Akha dishes using fresh ingredients and traditional techniques passed down from generation to generation. Sit down and enjoy this freshly prepared meal, exchanging stories with the host while dining.
Following lunch set off on a short trek into the forest. Discover the beautiful natural landscapes that provide sustenance for the residents of Hloyo. Visit local farms and see how the farmers rely on the land’s resources for their livelihood. Learn how the Akha make use of the forest’s natural resources and appreciate how human, animals, and the environment co-exist in this part of Thailand.
Return to the village and say farewell to the hosts. Leave Hloyo filled with a greater appreciation and understanding of the Akha people and return to Chiang Rai. (L)
Our services include:
– English speaking guide
– Local guide
– Tours and transfers by private Air
– Basic activities at the village
– Meal as mentioned (Lunch)
– Entrance fees for all visits as mentioned in the itinerary
– Travel insurance
Our services do not include:
– International and domestic flights
– Meals other than mentioned above
– Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tips, etc.)
– Any service not mentioned above
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Local Foodie Koh Phangan
- Visit local bustling fresh food market and observe everyday life.
- Meet the locals in their homes and farms to learn about local produce.
- Learn to cook the way the locals do and prepare lunch
Treasure Hunt & The Golden Mountain
- Discover Bangkok’s historical sites and neighbourhoods on a treasure hunt
- Crack codes and complete missions while walking through the Golden Mountain
- Interact with the locals and enjoy local snacks along the way
Bangkok City Safari – Eco Friendly
- Travel by Bangkok’s public transportation- just like a local
- Witness the production of monk’s bowls at a family workshop
- Visit Jim Thompson House to learn about traditional Thai silk
Ayutthaya Insight by Train
- Discover Ayutthaya, an ancient capital teeming with history
- Travel by train to see Thailand rural landscapes
- Look beyond the historic monuments to discover local culture
Cruising Phang Nga Bay in Style
- Cruise on a private speedboat
- Pass by James Bond Island
- Eat lunch in a private island
Blessings Food and Culture
- Visit Wat Suan Phlu and receive a private blessing from a monk
- Explore unknown Bangkokian Museum for fascinating insights to the city’s history
- Marvel at street along Charoen Krung Road known as the Brooklyn of Bangkok