See a serene, more traditional side of Thailand with a day trip to Mae Taeng. Explore beautiful reservoirs and cascading waterfalls, then walk through vibrant rice paddies and fruit orchards. Spend time in a local village to witness rural ways of life and the production of traditional handicrafts.
MEALS [ L ]
First travel through Sri Lanna, one of the north’s most scenic National Parks. See Bua Tong, a three-tiered, cascading waterfall set amid the forest. After a rest, continue through the park to Mae Ngat Dam. Board a Longtail Boat and cruise across the reservoir to a floating restaurant. Relax and enjoy the views of the reservoir and its wild surroundings while dining on a delicious Thai meal.
Having refuelled, resume the exploration of Mae Taeng with a walk through an agricultural region. Pass by rice paddies, fruit orchards and other farms, encountering water buffaloes and oxen on the way. Learn about the farming methods used in the countryside and discover the variety of produce grown in the fertile soils of north Thailand.
Spend the afternoon at ‘Three Generations’ village. Meet with a host from the village who will explain this unique community initiative. Walk through the village with the host, stopping to see artisans weaving baskets or families playing traditional music. There are many activities sponsored by the village project and the walk will provide a glimpse into life in the countryside.
Following this insightful visit, say farewell to the hosts and return to Chiang Mai city. (L)
Our services include:
– Meals as mentioned (Lunch).
– English speaking guide
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private Air
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
– Tips for driver
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– International and domestic Flights
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Tips for guide, travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat