Get a glimpse into the ways of life of Bangkok’s residents. Wander the streets of the Bangrak neighbourhood, an area where traditional culture is found amid the towering skyscrapers of the business district. Sample tasty street food and admire historic shop houses on this insightful walking tour.
MEALS [ L ]
This tour combines restaurants where food is sampled on the street in the typical Thai way and indoor Air-Conditioned restaurants to give you a chance to cool off.
The food sampled is a combination of both Thai and Chinese food molded together over time to create unique dishes
Spend the morning wandering the streets with a knowledgeable local guide. Along the way, meet with the neighbourhood’s residents and soak up the atmosphere of this village-like district. Learn about the history of the area and hear the tales behind some of its famous buildings.
Bangrak is also famous for its food and boasts many family-run stalls. Stop to taste the best local snacks, from the traditional to the exotic. Chit-chat with the chefs and shop owners, hearing about their personal tales of life in Bangrak. Gain a better understanding of Thailand’s food culture while wandering from stall to stall.
After glimpsing into the history and culture of the ‘real’ Bangkok, say farewell to the guide and return to the hotel.
Our services include:
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Drinking water during the tour
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat