Explore the city’s outskirts on this cycle tour of Bangkok. Soak up the serene scenery and tranquil rhythm of rural life from a different perspective, biking through coconut plantations, hidden temples and traditional villages. Round out the adventure with a relaxing boat trip through winding canals and floating markets.
MEALS [ L ]
After discovering the sights and sounds of the floating market, embark on a long-tail boat to cruise a maze of canals cutting through local villages and various plantations. This eye-opening boat ride offers a glimpse of Thailand of old where locals are going about their daily life with the canal as the focal point. After the boat ride, hop on the bikes and ride to Wat Bang Khae Noi, a temple famous for its teakwood carvings. Spend time examining the interior of the Ubosot, or coronation room, which features intricate carvings portraying the story of Lord Buddha.
Continue the cycle tour of Bangkok passing through coconut plantations, fruit orchards and along quiet back roads. Stop often for photos and to explore Wat Bang Kung, a quirky temple held up by a huge banyan tree.
Take a rest at midday and enjoy lunch at a scenic riverside restaurant. Then it’s back on the bikes for more riding on picturesque trails toward Amphawa Floating market. Explore this colourful canal side market and its nearby temples before returning to Bangkok. (L)
Difficult level of cycling: Easy
Cycling distance: 30 – 35 km
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver in Air-Conditioned vehicle
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Drinking water during the tour
– Meals as specified (Lunch)
– Bike and helmet
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned
– Other services than mentioned
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Local Foodie Koh Phangan – Private Tour
- Visit local bustling fresh food market and observe everyday life.
- Meet the locals in their homes and farms to learn about local produce.
- Learn to cook the way the locals do and prepare lunch
Bangkok Treasure Hunt and The Golden Moutain – Private
- Discover Bangkok’s historical sites and neighbourhoods on a treasure hunt
- Crack codes and complete missions while walking through the Golden Mountain
- Interact with the locals and enjoy local snacks along the way
Bangkok City Safari – Eco Friendly
- Travel by Bangkok’s public transportation- just like a local
- Witness the production of monk’s bowls at a family workshop
- Visit Jim Thompson House to learn about traditional Thai silk
Ayutthaya Insight by Train
- Discover Ayutthaya, an ancient capital teeming with history
- Travel by train to see Thailand rural landscapes
- Look beyond the historic monuments to discover local culture
Cruising Phang Nga Bay In Style
- Cruise on a private speedboat
- Pass by James Bond Island
- Eat lunch in a private island
Grand Palace and Wat Pho in Style
- Witness the early morning gathering of monks
- Visit the Grand Palace
- Marvel at the Emerald Buddha