Gain a deeper insight into Thailand’s Buddhist culture. Start the morning at Wat Po, hearing the serene chants of the monks before exploring the temple’s impressive collection of religious treasures. Then take a short stroll to the Grand Palace and visit the country’s most sacred Buddha image.
MEALS [ L ]
After the chants, take a walk around Wat Pho and see the vast collection of religious treasures on display. Admire the famed reclining Buddha image, which stretches 45-metres in length. Learn about the symbolism of the Buddha’s intricate footprint and witness devotees making offerings to this revered image.
The tour then continues to the nearby Grand Palace, which has served as the seat of Thailand's revered Royal family for more than two centuries. Take a walk around the vast grounds, stopping in to explore the various temples, throne halls and museums within the compound. Visit the Emerald Buddha, the most revered Buddhist image in Thailand, and hear about its mysterious origins.
Following the tour of these iconic Bangkok monuments, return to the hotel.
Our services include:
– Transportation with driver in Air
– Service of English speaking local guided
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Drinking water during the tour
– Tips for driver
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat