Travel like a local to discover the highlights of Bangkok and its hidden gems. Use public boats, the skytrain and iconic tuk-tuks to see the Grand Palace and Wat Pho. Venture through Lumpini Park, stop at a family-run workshop to see the production of monk’s bowls and explore the famous Jim Thompson House.
MEALS [ L ]
The boat stops near the iconic Wat Pho and Grand Palace. Spend the remainder of the morning exploring these two remarkable sites, learning about the country’s regal history and of the deep-rooted spiritual traditions of its people.
Then hop aboard a Tuk-tuk, Thailand’s famous three-wheeled vehicles used by locals throughout the country. Zip through quieter city streets to Soi Ban Batra. Visit a family-run workshop that produces monks’ alms bowls. Witness the artisans at work and learn about the daily lives of the Buddhist monks, who wake early to collect alms offerings from the city’s residents.
The last leg of today’s Bangkok full day tour is on a ‘bus boat’ through the city’s canals. Rarely used by tourists, this ride provides an up-close look at the ways of life of the local people who live alongside the canals. Then it’s a short walk to the Jim Thompson House. Take an insightful tour of the compound’s tranquil gardens and traditional buildings, which showcases the history of the famous and mysterious American silk merchant. Afterwards stroll to the nearby modern shopping malls for some retail therapy then return to the hotel via Skytrain.
Our services include:
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Drinking water during the tour
– Tips for driver
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– Personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Local Foodie Koh Phangan
- Visit local bustling fresh food market and observe everyday life.
- Meet the locals in their homes and farms to learn about local produce.
- Learn to cook the way the locals do and prepare lunch
Treasure Hunt & The Golden Mountain
- Discover Bangkok’s historical sites and neighbourhoods on a treasure hunt
- Crack codes and complete missions while walking through the Golden Mountain
- Interact with the locals and enjoy local snacks along the way
Ayutthaya Insight by Train
- Discover Ayutthaya, an ancient capital teeming with history
- Travel by train to see Thailand rural landscapes
- Look beyond the historic monuments to discover local culture
Cruising Phang Nga Bay in Style
- Cruise on a private speedboat
- Pass by James Bond Island
- Eat lunch in a private island
Blessings Food and Culture
- Visit Wat Suan Phlu and receive a private blessing from a monk
- Explore unknown Bangkokian Museum for fascinating insights to the city’s history
- Marvel at street along Charoen Krung Road known as the Brooklyn of Bangkok
Grand Palace and Wat Pho in Style
- Witness the early morning gathering of monks
- Visit the Grand Palace
- Marvel at the Emerald Buddha