Travel like a local to discover the highlights of Bangkok and its hidden gems. Use public boats, the skytrain and iconic tuk-tuks to see the Grand Palace and Wat Pho. Venture through Lumpini Park, stop at a family-run workshop to see the production of monk’s bowls and explore the famous Jim Thompson House.
MEALS [ L ]
The boat stops near the iconic Wat Pho and Grand Palace. Spend the remainder of the morning exploring these two remarkable sites, learning about the country’s regal history and of the deep-rooted spiritual traditions of its people.
Then hop aboard a Tuk-tuk, Thailand’s famous three-wheeled vehicles used by locals throughout the country. Zip through quieter city streets to Soi Ban Batra. Visit a family-run workshop that produces monks’ alms bowls. Witness the artisans at work and learn about the daily lives of the Buddhist monks, who wake early to collect alms offerings from the city’s residents.
The last leg of today’s Bangkok full day tour is on a ‘bus boat’ through the city’s canals. Rarely used by tourists, this ride provides an up-close look at the ways of life of the local people who live alongside the canals. Then it’s a short walk to the Jim Thompson House. Take an insightful tour of the compound’s tranquil gardens and traditional buildings, which showcases the history of the famous and mysterious American silk merchant. Afterwards stroll to the nearby modern shopping malls for some retail therapy then return to the hotel via Skytrain.
Our services include:
– Service of English speaking local guide
– Entrance fees and activities where mentioned
– Drinking water during the tour
– Tips for driver
Our services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– Personal expenses, drinks, and other items
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat