Learn all about multiracial Singapore on this half day walking and trishaw tour to visit the Malay and Indian enclaves. Begin at Kampong Glam and visit the magnificent Sultan Mosque, then hop on a trishaw tour of Little India where there are enticing colourful shops of traditional garment, spices and incense.
MEALS [ L ]
Stop for a taste of the local teh tarik - a sweetened tea drink made with condensed or evaporated milk. milk. Traditionally the tea is tarik'ed (pulled) by successive pouring from one container/cup to another. With some luck, get to watch a teh tarik demonstration
Next, hop onto a trishaw, a traditional mode of transportation back in the olden days. Take a trishaw tour through Bugis & Little India, the heartland of Indian communities. Take in the many colours and exotic scents of spices while riding pass the streets.
Hop off the trishaw for a light snack in Little India. Savour the local favourite roti prata, a south Indian flat bread made by frying stretched dough flavoured with ghee (clarified butter). Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, roti prata is usually served with fish or mutton curry and hits all the spot every time.
Walk to the nearest bus stop or train station to return to the hotel or choose to stay and explore the area.
Our services include:
– One day Singapore tourist transport pass
– Service of English speaking local guide.
– All entrance fees and activities as mentioned.
– Meals as specified (B= Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner).
Our services do not include:
– Other meals than mentioned.
– Other services than mentioned.
– Personal travel Insurance.
– Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items.
– Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above.
– High seasonal surcharge for non
-English speaking guide.
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!