Go on an adventurous cycle through the heart of Myanmar’s capital city. Although with rapid urban development in recent years, the Yangon still has unexplored back roads that are perfect for cycling. Crisscross throughout the alleyways passing rarely visited places and communities where bamboo houses and teak shops are part of the daily norm.
MEALS [ L ]
From Kandawgyi, we’ll delve into the back roads of Yangon.Along the way, we’ll visit a tea shop to experience a daily staple of life in Myanmar, drinking tea. Ride to a local market, past mosques and colorful Hindu temples. Suddenly we will find ourselves in a ‘local village’. Anything can happen as we cycle through this little visited community. We will cross the railway tracks (clients will need to carry their bikes roughly 25 meters, guide will assist) and head south.
Eventually, we’ll pop out near the Yangon River. From here, we’ll have great views as we continue along the water and experience life at the port.
Heading north, we’ll pass by monasteries and stupas on our way to Yangon’s most recognizable landmark, Shwedagon Pagoda. Finally, we’ll cycle directly past Shwedagon and enjoy breathtaking views of the golden stupa from this vantage point. A short cycle takes us to the bike depot to complete the tour.
Our services include:
– 1 EXO Adventure Certified English Speaking Biking Guide
– 1 assistant guide for 11
-16 persons for cycling
– Mountain bike and helmet rental
– Each guide will have a full set of travel bike tools
– 1 first aid kit per guide
– Tea break
– Plenty of water provided throughout the day when cycling
Our services do not include:
– Transportation (To/from bike depot)
-up cars during cycling
– Mechanic for bikes
– Entrance Fees for Shwedagon Pagoda
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
– Visits not mentioned in the program
– Other language speaking guides
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!