Join the local guide and driver to venture through the streets of Mandalay for an unforgettable evening. Cruise along the moat, marvelling at illuminated temples and other landmarks. Visit a vibrant night market and dine at a popular beer station before capping off the evening with famous Mandalay entertainment.
MEALS [ L ]
Just after sunset, the Mandalay evening tour begins with a pick up from the hotel. Join the guide and driver to explore the city by night.
Head off into the cool and starry night. Drive alongside the Royal Palace’s iconic moat to Kyauk Taw Gyi Pagoda. Named after the large marble Buddha image inside (once the largest in the world), the complex now consists of multiple buildings. Bathed in red and green lights, the area feels more like a Christmas light show than a Buddhist pagoda.
Then it’s off through the heart of the city to a colourful night market. Explore the stalls while the guide explains the many exotic fruits, vegetables and other goods on offer.
Having tempted the taste buds, drive to a local beer station for dinner. Busy with locals every night of the week, beer stations are the perfect place to try the local cuisine and observe nightlife in Mandalay. The guide and driver are local experts who will introduce their personal favourite beer station for a proper local experience!
If the time of year is right, experience one of Mandalay’s street festivals to mingle with the locals.The evening concludes with a choice of local entertainment – performing arts, comedy, or a marionettes show.
The night out on the town ends with a transfer back to the hotel. (D)
- Guide and driver available until 11PM only.
- This itinerary may change depending on guide’s advice and client’s choice on show.
- Festivals in Mandalay are held at certain times between Octobers – February. There is no guarantee that a festival visit will be possible.
- Vegetarian options upon request.
- This trip will not operate during the Water Festival due to increased traffic in the area.
Our services include:
-air conditioned vehicle with driver
– 1 drink + dinner at local beer station
– Entrance fees and tickets for the visits mentioned in the program (only one show ticket included per person)
– Drinking Water
Our services do not include:
– Meals other than mentioned
– Additional food ordered
– Additional drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
– Mandalay Zone Fee
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Golf Yangon – Pun Hlaing Golf Club
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in colonial Yangon
- Play at one of the city’s two internationally-recognised courses
- Wind down in the clubhouse after a memorable round
Local Color Tour in Bagan
- See Bagan from a local point of view
- Visit neighbourhoods untouched by the modern world
- Mingle with the locals at Nyaung U Market
Yangon Adventure Walk
- Explore the maze of laneways, characteristic of downtown Yangon
- Visit a Hindu temple and local tea shop
- Experience local bus and pedal-powered trishaw transport
Kyauk Gu U Min Temple by Boat
- Step beyond the Bagan tourist path to visit a secluded temple
- Take a scenic boat trip on the Irrawaddy River
- Learn of the rich history and ancient legends of Bagan
A Taste of Yangon
- Sample Yangon’s best food, from traditional to contemporary
- Sip sunset cocktails at a trendy, rooftop bar
- Visit downtown’s illuminated landmarks by open air trishaw