Combine two of life’s great joys: cycling and drinking! Hop on a bike and pedal through Inle Lake’s picturesque landscapes to the Red Mountain Winery. Pass through farms and fields where life moves at a slower pace and cap off the adventure with an Inle Lake Wine tasting experience at Red Mountain.
MEALS [ L ]
Take a break from classic sightseeing today and discover a different side of Inle Lake.
Start with a leisurely bike ride through Nyaung Shwe, the thriving trading town on the north end of Inle Lake. Pedal around the side streets of town, stopping to see warehouses piled high with tomatoes and to check out the bustling canals. There may be a chance to visit the market to see the fresh produce on sale and rub shoulders with the local shoppers.
Cycle away from town to the outskirts of Nyaung Shwe, leaving the tall concrete buildings of town behind and heading into the fields and farms. This area is home to a diverse mix of hill tribes. Be on the lookout for people from the Pa-Oh, Shan and Inthar ethnic groups in their traditional dress.
Follow the lake’s eastern shoreline south, stopping for photos and to visit villages on the way. Then turn off the main road and climb a short hill to arrive at the entrance of Red Mountain Estate. Take a tour of the winemaking facilities and learn about this joint venture between a French wine expert and the local Pa-Oh people. Hear about the challenges of growing grapes in the Shan State and Myanmar’s nascent wine industry.
Take a seat at the hillside restaurant and begin the Inle Lake Wine tasting experience. Unwind and enjoy the fabulous views over Inle Lake while sipping tasty wine. Then it’s time to hop back on the bikes and pedal to Nyaung Shwe.
Our services include:
-speaking local guide
– Mountain bike and helmet
– Wine tasting at Red mountain estate
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
– Inle Lake Zone Fee
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat