Drive through the jungle to reach the Elephant Camp in Magwe Village. After a brief introduction, feed, bathe and interact with the elephants of the camp. Indulge in a local lunch before spending some time in the afternoon trekking through the jungle or enjoying more elephant encounters alongside the mahouts.
MEALS [ L ]
Depart in the morning from Kalaw to the Green Hill Valley Elephant Camp in Magwe village (45-minute drive). Upon arrival, a guide from the camp will be waiting to provide transport to the main camp. Enjoy a welcome drink while receiving a briefing on the day’s activities, the background of the camp and the history of elephants in Myanmar.
Following this, embark on a short walk to the river, passing through a reforestation project set up by the camp and villagers. Be greeted by the elephants – the guide will explain their name, age, and how they ended up retiring at the camp. Trays of bananas and sugarcane will be brought out to enjoy some time feeding the elephants. Afterwards, get dressed in traditional Shan garments to prepare for the elephants bathing. Walk to a natural pool, located between two small falls in the stream, and join the elephants for a bath.
Return to the reforestation area to plant a tree before heading to the main camp for lunch. There is time in the afternoon to explore more on foot with the local trekking guide or to interact with the elephants.
In the late afternoon, say goodbye to the elephants and mahouts and transfer back to Kalaw. (L)
OPTION FOR SHORT TREK : In the morning, transfer from Kalaw to the Wet Pyu Ye junction where a guide from the Green Hill Valley Elephant camp will be waiting. Take a short trek to access the camp, going mostly downhill, passing through a variety of different forests, home to a variety of flora and fauna. After 45-90 minutes, encounter the camp’s elephants.
Our services include:
– English-speaking local guide
– Transportation to and from Kalaw
– Green Hill Valley
– Lunch at Green Hill Valley main camp
– Planting one regional tree per person
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
– Inle Lake Zone Fee
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Yangon Cycling A Cross-River Adventure
- Peddle a mountain bike through a maze of village lanes and green countryside
- Go as local as it gets, off-the-beaten-path, surrounded by friendly locals
- Chit-chat with locals at a small teashop for an authentic Burmese coffee break
Yangon Farm To Table
- Visit an urban organic farm in quiet suburban Yangon
- Learn about organic farming from the farmers
- Enjoy a delicious farm-to-table lunch on an outdoor terrace
Train Ride from Tha Ye Zay to Marble Hill
- Explore local markets and rural life in Mandalay’s outskirts
- Experience a gentle pace of travel by riding on Mandalay’s slow train
- Learn all about marble stone carving at a workshop
Trading Jade in Mandalay
- Step off the tourist path to visit the Mandalay jade market
- Watch as jade is cut and polished by skilled craftsmen
- Learn about Myanmar’s world-famous gem industry
Bagan Cooking Class
- Learn the secrets of Myanmar cuisine with a local chef
- Cook lunch using traditional recipes and local ingredients
- Gain insight into Myanmar’s culinary culture