MEALS [ L ]
Get a taste of local culture with an excursion to Bagan’s countryside. Travel to Mount Popa, an extinct volcano that rises more than 1500 metres high. Mount Popa is believed to be the home of the nats, 37 guardian spirits worshipped by the Myanmar people.
Arrive at the base of Taung Kalat, a volcanic plug where a massive shrine has been constructed. Get a glimpse into this unique form of worship at a small museum where statues of each nat are displayed. Then climb the stairs to the top of the shrine, joining local pilgrims on the way. On the way, learn more about the nats and the role they play in Myanmar culture. Upon reaching the top, relax and enjoy the views.
On the return journey, stop at Shwe Hlaing. Explore this local village which is famous for its toddy palm trees. See how the ingenious farmers use the trees to produce everything from tables to sweet molasses and even strong wine. A local lunch will be served amid the toddy palms, providing a true taste of rural Bagan culture.
The return to Bagan, arriving late in the afternoon. (L)
Responsible Travel: This tour gives you a chance to see the local life of the Burmese people, an opportunity to interact with the locals and also support locals.
Our services include:
– Transfers and excursion with private air
-conditioned vehicle with driver
– 1 lunch at Toddy Farm
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Bagan Zone Entrance fee
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Golf Yangon – Pun Hlaing Golf Club
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in colonial Yangon
- Play at one of the city’s two internationally-recognised courses
- Wind down in the clubhouse after a memorable round
Local Color Tour in Bagan
- See Bagan from a local point of view
- Visit neighbourhoods untouched by the modern world
- Mingle with the locals at Nyaung U Market
Yangon Adventure Walk
- Explore the maze of laneways, characteristic of downtown Yangon
- Visit a Hindu temple and local tea shop
- Experience local bus and pedal-powered trishaw transport
Kyauk Gu U Min Temple by Boat
- Step beyond the Bagan tourist path to visit a secluded temple
- Take a scenic boat trip on the Irrawaddy River
- Learn of the rich history and ancient legends of Bagan
Family Day in Yangon
- Visit and learn about the iconic Shwedagon Pagoda
- Explore a number of vibrant Yangon markets
- Relax with a visit to Yangon’s central park