Get in touch with the cultural heartbeat of Bagan. Experience a taste of local life at a bustling morning market, visit traditional handicraft workshops and sip tea at a popular teahouse. Connect with a side of Myanmar life rarely experienced by tourists in this insightful Bagan experience.
MEALS [ L ]
Explore a more local side of Bagan. Set off for a visit to the Nyaung U morning market, a buzzing hive of activity. See stalls overflowing with fresh produce, fragrant spices and freshly caught fish. Watch as shoppers haggle for the best items and joke with the friendly vendors.
Continue to a nearby teashop. Teashops serve as social hubs in Myanmar and are thus an important part of daily life. Enjoy a cup of tea and soak in the atmosphere. See local families, groups of friends and businessmen huddled over steaming cups and discussing the day’s news.
Having refuelled at the teahouse, continue the Bagan exploration with a visit to a local village. Take a walk along the quiet streets and see what it is like living in the shadows of Bagan’s pagodas. See scenes of daily life and pop into small workshops making items such as plum jam and pea paste.
Continue to two more workshops making Bagan’s best-known products: lacquerware and wooden handicrafts. See the skilled artisans using traditional techniques to create beautiful, handmade products.
Following this discovery of local culture, return to the hotel.
Our services include:
– Tea Break
– Transfers and excursion with private air
-conditioned vehicle with driver
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Bagan Zone Fee
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Golf Yangon – Pun Hlaing Golf Club
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in colonial Yangon
- Play at one of the city’s two internationally-recognised courses
- Wind down in the clubhouse after a memorable round
Yangon Adventure Walk
- Explore the maze of laneways, characteristic of downtown Yangon
- Visit a Hindu temple and local tea shop
- Experience local bus and pedal-powered trishaw transport
Kyauk Gu U Min Temple by Boat
- Step beyond the Bagan tourist path to visit a secluded temple
- Take a scenic boat trip on the Irrawaddy River
- Learn of the rich history and ancient legends of Bagan
Bagan Temple Cycling Adventure
- Bike on narrow paths to explore the archaeological zone of Bagan
- Visit a selection of iconic monuments and several hidden gems
- Cross villages and neighbourhoods away from the tourist trail
- Explore downtown Yangon at night by pedal-powered trishaw
- Sample delicious and exotic traditional snacks
- Dine on barbeque with the locals on lively 19th Street