MEALS [ L ]
Discover Inle Lake like a local! Gain a deeper insight into the life of the Inthar people, the native residents of the lake, during this half day Inle Lake experience.
The motorboat has everything required for an enjoyable journey- cushioned wooden chairs, life jackets, umbrellas (for sun and wind protection) and blankets in the winter months.
Start with a visit to the morning market, which rotates locations on a 5-day basis. (Note: there are no markets on full moon or dark moon days) This daily market attracts people from all over the lake’s shores to buy and sell their wares and is a great chance to meet with the locals. There are often colourfully-clad vendors from the Pa-Oh, Shan and Intha ethnic groups, showcasing the diversity of Inle’s residents.
Continue to Khaung Daing village on the lake’s western shores. This village is famous for its traditional Shan tofu - fried tofu crackers and folded, triangular tofu treats. Watch (and perhaps participate!) as they sift the soy beans, boil them, mash them into balls, and then form them into tofu cakes, drying in the sun. Walk onwards to the village monastery for a tea break and snacks. This is a fabulous taste of local life on Inle Lake.
Return to the water and venture through the maze of canals that act as ‘streets’ for the lake’s residents. Stop at a boat-making workshop and see how the lake’s iconic boats are made.
At the end of this half day Inle Lake tour, return to the hotel armed with a deeper appreciation of life on the lake.
Our services include:
-speaking local guide
– Private boat
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
– Inle Lake Zone Fee
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat