MEALS [ L ]
Route A: BUSTLING CITY – Western Downtown
Beginning at YHT’s office on lower Pansodan Road, the tour passes through leafy Bank Street, lined with fascinating historic buildings. We then visit key sites in the city’s central area, including City Hall, the High Court, and (on Sunday mornings) the Musmeah Yeshua Synagogue while exploring historic residential streets. The tour ends at Bogyoke Market in the morning and on 19th Street, a local nightlife hotspot, in the evening.
*The Synagogue is only open in the morning and closed on Sundays.
Route B: SEAT OF POWER – Secretariat and Surrounds
This tour starts at the YHT office and covers historic sites in the former commercial and administrative core. We visit a well-preserved residential area in the city’s east, then enter the nationally historic Secretariat where General Aung San was assassinated in 1947, and independence was marked a year later. On the way, try some local tea at a historic teashop.
Enjoy a lunch at the House of Memories Restaurant for some delicious Burmese cuisine served in a historic colonial environment and continue with a visit of the former U.N. Secretary General U Thant’s house, the man who brought Myanmar to the world’s conscious (Note: open Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 10:00 to 17:00). Learn how he brought Myanmar to the world’s attention during his tenure.
Next, head to Yangon University’s Convocation Hall to read about the history of a violent student and monk protest. Note that after years of being closed, Yangon University has reopened to students only recently.
Conclude the tour at 16:00 and spend the rest of the day at leisure. (L)
Our services include:
-Yangon Heritage Trust walking tour
– Lunch at House of Memories
– Private air
-conditioned vehicles with driver
– Entrance fee for the visits mentioned in the program
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat