Discover the best of Bagan. Explore the town’s awe-inspiring temples then delve deeper into Burmese culture with a look at life outside of the archeological zone. Venture from famed pagodas to local neighborhoods and cruise the Irrawaddy to hidden temples for an in-depth look at Bagan’s wonders.
MEALS [ L ]
Get ready for an inspiring experience with this Bagan full day tour. Join with a local guide to explore the best of Bagan’s history, culture and landscapes.
Start at an elevated viewpoint for a sweeping view over Bagan’s plains. Grasp the sheer scale and scope of the archaeological zone while getting an orientation to the town’s layout. Then visit the iconic Ananda Temple, one of Myanmar’s most revered temples. Explore the incredible monument before the tourist groups arrive, learning about the history and legends without the crowds.
Continue south to Gubyaukgyi Temple to examine the beautiful mural paintings found inside and admire the incredible exterior plaster carvings. Then it is a short walk to Manuha and Nan Paya temples, smaller but equally impressive monuments.
After this introduction to Bagan’s architectural wonders, take a closer look at its culture with a visit to a selection of traditional workshops. Witness skilled artisans making lacquerware and wood crafts, using techniques handed down from generation to generation. The remarkable skill of the artisans is sure to impress!
At midday take a break for lunch and to escape the midday heat.
Continue the Bagan full day tour in the afternoon with a private river boat cruise on the Irrawaddy River. Journey upriver toward the pagoda of Kyauk Gu U Min, passing by scenes of life on the water with fishermen, local passenger ferries and river villages filling the landscapes.
Continue upstream and disembark near Kyauk Gu U Min. Take a short walk along the sandy riverside to reach the 13th-century temple. Examine the exquisite stone carvings on the door then go inside to wander amid the small meditation niches.
After the visit, return to the boat and cruise downstream towards Bagan and continue onwards to the hotel. (L)
Our services include:
– English-speaking guide
– Transfers and excursion with private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
– Boat trip
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Bagan Zone Fee
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Train Ride from Tha Ye Zay to Marble Hill
- Explore local markets and rural life in Mandalay’s outskirts
- Experience a gentle pace of travel by riding on Mandalay’s slow train
- Learn all about marble stone carving at a workshop
Trading Jade in Mandalay
- Step off the tourist path to visit the Mandalay jade market
- Watch as jade is cut and polished by skilled craftsmen
- Learn about Myanmar’s world-famous gem industry
Yangon Cycling A Cross-River Adventure
- Peddle a mountain bike through a maze of village lanes and green countryside
- Go as local as it gets, off-the-beaten-path, surrounded by friendly locals
- Chit-chat with locals at a small teashop for an authentic Burmese coffee break
Yangon Farm To Table
- Visit an urban organic farm in quiet suburban Yangon
- Learn about organic farming from the farmers
- Enjoy a delicious farm-to-table lunch on an outdoor terrace
Bagan Cooking Class
- Learn the secrets of Myanmar cuisine with a local chef
- Cook lunch using traditional recipes and local ingredients
- Gain insight into Myanmar’s culinary culture