MEALS [ L ]
Route A: BUSTLING CITY – Western Downtown
Beginning at YHT’s office on lower Pansodan Road, the tour passes through leafy Bank Street, lined with fascinating historic buildings. We then visit key sites in the city’s central area, including City Hall, the High Court, and (on Sunday mornings) the Musmeah Yeshua Synagogue while exploring historic residential streets. The tour ends at Bogyoke Market in the morning and on 19th Street, a local nightlife hotspot, in the evening.
*The Synagogue is only open in the morning and closed on Sundays.
Route B: SEAT OF POWER – Secretariat and Surrounds
This tour starts at the YHT office and covers historic sites in the former commercial and administrative core. We visit a well-preserved residential area in the city’s east, then enter the nationally historic Secretariat where General Aung San was assassinated in 1947, and independence was marked a year later. On the way, try some local tea at a historic teashop.
Enjoy a lunch at the House of Memories Restaurant for some delicious Burmese cuisine served in a historic colonial environment and continue with a visit of the former U.N. Secretary General U Thant’s house, the man who brought Myanmar to the world’s conscious (Note: open Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 10:00 to 17:00). Learn how he brought Myanmar to the world’s attention during his tenure.
Next, head to Yangon University’s Convocation Hall to read about the history of a violent student and monk protest. Note that after years of being closed, Yangon University has reopened to students only recently.
Conclude the tour at 16:00 and spend the rest of the day at leisure. (L)
Our services include:
-Yangon Heritage Trust walking tour
– Lunch at House of Memories
– Private air
-conditioned vehicles with driver
– Entrance fee for the visits mentioned in the program
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Golf Yangon – Pun Hlaing Golf Club
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in colonial Yangon
- Play at one of the city’s two internationally-recognised courses
- Wind down in the clubhouse after a memorable round
Local Color Tour in Bagan
- See Bagan from a local point of view
- Visit neighbourhoods untouched by the modern world
- Mingle with the locals at Nyaung U Market
Yangon Adventure Walk
- Explore the maze of laneways, characteristic of downtown Yangon
- Visit a Hindu temple and local tea shop
- Experience local bus and pedal-powered trishaw transport
Kyauk Gu U Min Temple by Boat
- Step beyond the Bagan tourist path to visit a secluded temple
- Take a scenic boat trip on the Irrawaddy River
- Learn of the rich history and ancient legends of Bagan
A Taste of Yangon
- Sample Yangon’s best food, from traditional to contemporary
- Sip sunset cocktails at a trendy, rooftop bar
- Visit downtown’s illuminated landmarks by open air trishaw