Spectacular scenery abounds on this Shan State trek. Traverse the rolling Shan hills, pass agricultural fields and catch breathtaking views of the lake below. Stop in hill tribe villages, where the way of life has remained untouched by time. This is the perfect day out for the culturally curious adventurer.
MEALS [ L ]
Get back to nature with a fabulous day of trekking Inle Lake. The hills surrounding Inle Lake are full of spectacular trails and beautiful villages begging to be explored.
Set off in the morning with a knowledgeable local guide. Take a short transfer away from town and then it’s time to hit the trails!
Head into the hills, using a series of switchback trails to gain elevation. Pass through fields growing everything from tea to cabbages, pausing to learn about the Shan State’s agricultural culture. Depending on the time of year, the fields may be busy with farmers planting or harvesting crops. There is plenty of time to stop for photos and to take in sweeping views of valleys and distant hills.
In addition to beautiful scenery, trekking Inle Lake also showcases the cultural diversity of the Shan State. Pass through villages inhabited by different ethnic groups and discover how the people have maintained their own distinctive culture, traditions and, quite often, their own language!
Lunch will be served in one of these villages- either in a local house or monastery. This is a great way to get a closer look at local life.
Continue the Inle Lake trek after lunch, enjoying more spectacular views before heading back to town. (L)
Our services include:
-speaking local guide
– Lunch + drinks
– Drinking water during trek
– Transfers to and from the starting and finishing point (only applicable if starting and finishing in the same town)
Our services do not include:
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
– Inle Lake Zone Fee
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Golf Yangon – Pun Hlaing Golf Club
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in colonial Yangon
- Play at one of the city’s two internationally-recognised courses
- Wind down in the clubhouse after a memorable round
Local Color Tour in Bagan
- See Bagan from a local point of view
- Visit neighbourhoods untouched by the modern world
- Mingle with the locals at Nyaung U Market
Yangon Adventure Walk
- Explore the maze of laneways, characteristic of downtown Yangon
- Visit a Hindu temple and local tea shop
- Experience local bus and pedal-powered trishaw transport
Kyauk Gu U Min Temple by Boat
- Step beyond the Bagan tourist path to visit a secluded temple
- Take a scenic boat trip on the Irrawaddy River
- Learn of the rich history and ancient legends of Bagan
Bagan Temple Cycling Adventure
- Bike on narrow paths to explore the archaeological zone of Bagan
- Visit a selection of iconic monuments and several hidden gems
- Cross villages and neighbourhoods away from the tourist trail