The stunning natural beauty of Inle Lake is even more impressive when experienced in style. Fly high over the lake and the surrounding hills during a luxury hot air ballooning experience. Take part in one of the most unique and exclusive experiences as three different boats combine in the middle of the lake to serve you a delicious, fresh floating lunch. Visit a workshop on the lake and take home a lovely souvenir.
MEALS [ L ]
Begin with a morning gazing at the millions of stars on a boat ride across Inle Lake. Disembark at a small village on the banks of the lake for some tea, coffee and snacks as the crew sets up the hot air balloon. Once ready, the pilot gives a detailed safety briefing and introduction to the ballooning experience.
Climb aboard and take off. Float over the lake and see the complex network of canals and waterways crisscrossing in patterns only distinguishable from the skies. With conditions allowing, experience the pilot landing the balloon on a small platform on the lake (if weather conditions permit) before continuing the journey. Expect the balloon to rise to 1000 metres, allowing a gaze down on the clouds.
After about an hour, gradually descend where the crew awaits. Toast a glass of sparkling wine to celebrate the flight and enjoy a light breakfast while the balloon is packed up. Transfer back to the hotel with an unforgettable experience under the belt.
After breakfast at the hotel and some time to relax, don a pair of Intha trousers and a hat then begin this Inle Lake full day tour by boarding a private luxury motorboat. Experience Inle Lake in style with a new fleet of sleek sightseeing boats. These customized boats are powered by special engines that reduce noise by 60 percent and are outfitted with ergonomic chairs, high-quality umbrellas, and fleece blankets. Along with standard safety and nautical equipment, the boats employ a two-man crew for improved service.
Cruise onto the Lake’s waters and enjoy the views of the lush mountains that surround the lake. See Intha fishermen at work and stop for a closer look at their unique techniques. Observe how they use one leg to balance the boat, the other leg to support the fishing cage, one arm to aim the fishing cage and the other arm to steer. It is a technique that is unique to the region and takes years to master.
Then enjoy a floating lunch on a boat in the middle of the lake with food cooked and served to you from a nearby boat. Shan State is well-known for its delicious food so this culinary experience on the lake is the best way to enjoy a meal in Myanmar. Dine on a specially-designed boat for comfort, against Inle Lake’s beauty, the perfect backdrop to enjoy this unique meal.
After lunch, visit Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the lake’s main sanctuary. Climb the stairs to the top where 5 sacred Buddha images are displayed on a platform. Learn about the history of these gold-covered statues and find out why they are so revered. Take a short walk to a nearby boat house to see the royal barges used during the pagoda’s annual festival.
And then explore the local crafts of Inle Lake with a stop at the weaving village of Inpawkhone where a specially woven pure lotus scarf is presented to you as a reminder of your luxury day on the lake. Afterwards, visit the beautiful Inthar Heritage House to enjoy a tour of the social enterprise’s beautiful property on the lake, which includes a sanctuary for Burmese cats and a small aquarium.
After this full day luxury sightseeing tour, return back to the hotel and enjoy sunset. (L)
Our services include:
-Balloons Over Inle
-speaking local guide
– Private luxury motorized boat
– Inthar trousers and hat
– Floating lunch with unlimited local beer and wine
– One pure lotus scarf for every two persons
– Drinking Water
Our services do not include:
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
– Inle Lake Zone Fee
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Golf Yangon – Pun Hlaing Golf Club
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in colonial Yangon
- Play at one of the city’s two internationally-recognised courses
- Wind down in the clubhouse after a memorable round
Local Color Tour in Bagan
- See Bagan from a local point of view
- Visit neighbourhoods untouched by the modern world
- Mingle with the locals at Nyaung U Market
Yangon Adventure Walk
- Explore the maze of laneways, characteristic of downtown Yangon
- Visit a Hindu temple and local tea shop
- Experience local bus and pedal-powered trishaw transport
Kyauk Gu U Min Temple by Boat
- Step beyond the Bagan tourist path to visit a secluded temple
- Take a scenic boat trip on the Irrawaddy River
- Learn of the rich history and ancient legends of Bagan
Family Day in Yangon
- Visit and learn about the iconic Shwedagon Pagoda
- Explore a number of vibrant Yangon markets
- Relax with a visit to Yangon’s central park