Discover the best of Bagan. Explore the town’s awe-inspiring temples then delve deeper into Burmese culture with a look at life outside of the archeological zone. Venture from famed pagodas to local neighborhoods and cruise the Irrawaddy to hidden temples for an in-depth look at Bagan’s wonders.
MEALS [ L ]
Get ready for an inspiring experience with this Bagan full day tour. Join with a local guide to explore the best of Bagan’s history, culture and landscapes.
Start at an elevated viewpoint for a sweeping view over Bagan’s plains. Grasp the sheer scale and scope of the archaeological zone while getting an orientation to the town’s layout. Then visit the iconic Ananda Temple, one of Myanmar’s most revered temples. Explore the incredible monument before the tourist groups arrive, learning about the history and legends without the crowds.
Continue south to Gubyaukgyi Temple to examine the beautiful mural paintings found inside and admire the incredible exterior plaster carvings. Then it is a short walk to Manuha and Nan Paya temples, smaller but equally impressive monuments.
After this introduction to Bagan’s architectural wonders, take a closer look at its culture with a visit to a selection of traditional workshops. Witness skilled artisans making lacquerware and wood crafts, using techniques handed down from generation to generation. The remarkable skill of the artisans is sure to impress!
At midday take a break for lunch and to escape the midday heat.
Continue the Bagan full day tour in the afternoon with a private river boat cruise on the Irrawaddy River. Journey upriver toward the pagoda of Kyauk Gu U Min, passing by scenes of life on the water with fishermen, local passenger ferries and river villages filling the landscapes.
Continue upstream and disembark near Kyauk Gu U Min. Take a short walk along the sandy riverside to reach the 13th-century temple. Examine the exquisite stone carvings on the door then go inside to wander amid the small meditation niches.
After the visit, return to the boat and cruise downstream towards Bagan and continue onwards to the hotel. (L)
Our services include:
– Transfers and excursion with private air
-conditioned vehicle with driver
– Boat trip
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Bagan Zone Fee
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat