Float above Bagan’s temples and the mighty Irrawaddy River during an unforgettable hot air balloon ride. Travel to the launch site in darkness and climb aboard. Take-off just in time to watch the sun rise over the plains, being mesmerized by the site of thousands of pagodas appearing below.
MEALS [ L ]
Get a bird’s-eye perspective of the iconic temples with this balloon tour over Bagan. Take a sunrise hot air balloon flight, an unforgettable way to see Myanmar’s famed archaeological site.
In the dark, pre-dawn hours, transfer from the hotel to the launch site. The exact location varies from day-to-day depending on the wind conditions. Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and a light snack while watching the crew inflates the balloons. Once ready, the pilot will give a detailed safety briefing and introduction to the ballooning experience.
Climb aboard and take off! Rise slowly above the tree line and see the pagodas come into view. Be enchanted by the site of the temples being illuminated by the sun’s early morning rays. Enjoy panoramic views from the balloon’s basket, getting a stunning view of the plains and the glimmering waters of the Irrawaddy River. The knowledgeable pilot will point out famous sites and share interesting stories about the temples and Myanmar culture as the balloon drifts over Bagan.
The duration and balloon path are dependent on the wind conditions, but generally the balloon tour over Bagan lasts about 45 minutes to one hour.
Descend to ground level where the crew will be waiting. Raise a glass of sparkling wine to celebrate the flight and enjoy a light breakfast while the balloon is packed up. Then transfer back to the hotel.
Please note that an upgrade option is available. This premium service includes transfer with colonial coach, pre-launch interactive tour, full breakfast, and a smaller balloon for a more intimate experience.
Our services include:
– Transfers from/to hotel
– Balloon flight
– Coffee and light breakfast
Our services do not include:
– Any other items not mentioned
– Bagan Zone Fee
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Golf Yangon – Pun Hlaing Golf Club
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in colonial Yangon
- Play at one of the city’s two internationally-recognised courses
- Wind down in the clubhouse after a memorable round
Local Color Tour in Bagan
- See Bagan from a local point of view
- Visit neighbourhoods untouched by the modern world
- Mingle with the locals at Nyaung U Market
Yangon Adventure Walk
- Explore the maze of laneways, characteristic of downtown Yangon
- Visit a Hindu temple and local tea shop
- Experience local bus and pedal-powered trishaw transport
Kyauk Gu U Min Temple by Boat
- Step beyond the Bagan tourist path to visit a secluded temple
- Take a scenic boat trip on the Irrawaddy River
- Learn of the rich history and ancient legends of Bagan
Bagan Temple Cycling Adventure
- Bike on narrow paths to explore the archaeological zone of Bagan
- Visit a selection of iconic monuments and several hidden gems
- Cross villages and neighbourhoods away from the tourist trail