MEALS [ L ]
Get in touch with your spiritual side in an ancient city filled with thousands of temples. The journey begins with a transfer to Mya Zigon Monastery to participate in a traditional blessing ceremony with one of the resident monks.
Such ceremonies are an important part of Myanmar’s religious culture. Many people regularly visit their local monastery to receive blessings before significant moments in their lives, such as marriage and the birth of a new child. During this experience feel the positive energy of the ceremony and gain a better understanding of Buddhist culture. After the ceremony enjoy some tea and traditional Burmese snacks within the compound of the monastery.
Feeling blessed, it is now time to head to a nearby jetty for the boat transfer to a river island on the Irrawaddy at 16:30 (subject to change depending on sunset time). This will be the location for a one hour private sunset yoga class. The class is organised by the pioneer professional yoga studio in Bagan. Full equipment (mats, blocks, straps, towels) will be provided. Participants are led by certified yoga teachers from a variety of teaching background - Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin Yang Yoga. (Note: River island yoga is only available from October to April, indoor classes at a yoga shala can be arranged at other times of the year).
The class is suitable for all levels and the beautiful surroundings provide the ideal backdrop for healthy yoga exercises. Benefit from the opportunity to learn some new moves and techniques to take back home and share with fellow yoga friends.
After an afternoon of mental and physical spirituality it is time to return to the hotel.
Socially Responsible Travel: The organisers of the classes provide free sessions for local people and at local schools to introduce yoga to Myanmar.
Our services include:
– English-speaking guide
– Road transfers with private air-conditioned vehicle and driver
– Cash and Robe Donation at Monastery in accordance with local tradition
– Tea and snacks at Monastery
– Return boat transfer to site of yoga class
– 1 hour private yoga class
– Drinking water
Our services do not include:
– Bagan Zone Fee
– Meals other than mentioned
– Drinks and personal expenses
– Any other items not mentioned
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
- Explore Myanmar’s lesser-visited Thandwe region
- Learn about traditional weaving and fishing practices
- Embark on a scenic river cruise, visiting local villages
Yangon Cycling A Cross-River Adventure
- Peddle a mountain bike through a maze of village lanes and green countryside
- Go as local as it gets, off-the-beaten-path, surrounded by friendly locals
- Chit-chat with locals at a small teashop for an authentic Burmese coffee break
Yangon Farm To Table
- Visit an urban organic farm in quiet suburban Yangon
- Learn about organic farming from the farmers
- Enjoy a delicious farm-to-table lunch on an outdoor terrace
Train Ride from Tha Ye Zay to Marble Hill
- Explore local markets and rural life in Mandalay’s outskirts
- Experience a gentle pace of travel by riding on Mandalay’s slow train
- Learn all about marble stone carving at a workshop
Trading Jade in Mandalay
- Step off the tourist path to visit the Mandalay jade market
- Watch as jade is cut and polished by skilled craftsmen
- Learn about Myanmar’s world-famous gem industry
Bagan Cooking Class
- Learn the secrets of Myanmar cuisine with a local chef
- Cook lunch using traditional recipes and local ingredients
- Gain insight into Myanmar’s culinary culture