MEALS [ L ]
After a photo-stop in front of the Capitan Kling Mosque, originally founded for the Muslim Indian community of the island, visit Khoo Kongsi with intricate carving, woodwork and porcelain décor. Originally established in 1835, the current structure dates back to 1906 and it is considered the finest clan house of all of Malaysia. The site is also part of the set for the famous movie Anna and the King.
After that, visit the nearby Yap Kongsi, built in 1924 by a clan association whose origins date back to 439 BC. Then visit Cheah Kongsi Temple, which is an eclectic mix of a Chinese mansion, Chinese temple, and European bungalow. The present temple structure is from the 1870s.
Then proceed to the Clan Jetties of Georgetown originating from settlements of Chinese immigrants who share a common historical, geographical and family lineage. Today there are still six clan jetties along the waterfront. Take a stroll in their narrow wooden paths surrounded by typical old Asia decadent charm. Continue the Penang walking tour through the old town, stopping to admire some of the architectural wonders that earned the town a UNESCO World Heritage status. Admire the streets’ mix of old and new. Hear fascinating tales behind some of the historic structures, see modern, whimsical street art and keep an eye out for small workshops where craftsmen may be making items such as joss sticks or weaving rattan items.
Return to the hotel around 13:00.
This trip can also be done by trishaw – additional charges apply.
Our services include:
– English speaking guide (surcharge for other languages applies)
– Entrance fees
– Water and Snacks
Our services do not include:
– Other meals not mentioned
– Services not mentioned
– Drinks, mini bar, and personal expenses
– Travel insurance
– Tourism tax
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.
Where Nature Meets Street Art
- Discover the hidden secrets of art and nature in Penang.
- Learn the life behind the art at Balik Pulau
- Enjoy lunch at the trendy Hin Bus Depot