MEALS [ L ]
Take a pleasant walk along the terraced hill land with an explanation of each plant’s origin and use. Appreciate the seamlessly blended art glasswork with tropical planting and landscape along with many other mediums of work.
From here transfer back to Georgetown with a stop in the quiet town of Balik Pulau in the centre of Penang. Three Murals reside here on the outside of pre-war shops that represent the community; a fisherman, a traditional Malay martial art silat and a dancing Hakka girl. Learn about the significance of each mural to Balik Pulau with a short walk and photo shoot.
Then, take a 35-minute transfer back to Georgetown to Hin Bus Depot (Sundays offers a pop-up crafts market from 11:00-17:00), a community art space that supports and nurtures emerging artists. Once an old Bus Depot, the area is now reformed into a unique space with a Mural Garden and cafes. Enjoy a delicious lunch at one of the restaurants of choice within the Mural Garden.
At 13:30, continue on for a short transfer to Penang to complete the days art tour with a walking tour and rickshaw ride of Georgetown’s Street Art. Discover whimsical paintings and sculptures as well as interactive murals inspired by daily life. Learn about the commissioning of one of Penang’s largest street art collections and the growing community of local artists who help add touches of personality the city’s streets.
Stop by Fuan Wong’s glasswork studio on Armenian Street to view more of his great work before picking up a trishaw for a short ride through Georgetown before returning to the hotel for 16:00. (L)
Our services include:
– Speaking Guide
-Entrance Fee to Art and Garden
Our services do not include:
-Other meals not mentioned
-Services not mentioned
-Drinks, mini bar, and personal expenses
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Going local in Sanur
- Experience Sanur the way the locals do
- Enjoy a sail with a fisherman in a Jukung outrigger
- Try Balinese food on the night market
Traditional Lanna – Style Wedding
- Don the traditional Lanna wedding costume
- Traditional Lanna-style wedding
- Enjoy authentic Northern Thai dishes
A Touch of Krabi Culture
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Krabi River
- Explore quiet villages for a glimpse of traditional lifestyles
- Mingle with locals at the vibrant night market
James Bond & Floating Villages by Speedboat
- See Phang Nga Bay’s limestone karsts and beaches by speedboat
- Visit the famous island in the film ‘Man with the Golden Gun’
- Explore a floating village for a glimpse into local ways of life
Limestone Caves and Lagoons by Kayak
- Kayak through southern Thailand’s most spectacular landscapes
- Get an up-close look at Krabi’s famed limestone karsts
- Paddle to mangrove forests and incredible prehistoric caves
Kayaking the Hong Lagoon
- Explore uninhabited Hong Island by kayak and on foot
- Plunge underwater for a look at colourful corals and fish
- Cross the Andaman Sea in an iconic long-tail boat