Over the years, a number of Orangutans have been trained and released and now form a wild colony in the reserve. Visit the Semenggoh Wildlife Centre during the feeding time of these semi-rehabilitated Orangutans and watch as they return from their time roaming the forest. Meet the Bidayuh Tribe in their bamboo longhouse and learn about their fascinating way of life.
MEALS [ L ]
It is now a centre for the study of Orangutan biology and behaviour and this is the primary reason that people visit this centre. However, the rangers also do work with other species including crocodiles and hornbills.
At 09:00, arrive at Semenggoh for the first feeding of the day. Take a short 15-minute walk through the rainforest to the feeding platform where the rangers will put fruits out for the semi wild Orangutans who spend most of their time roaming the forest but frequently come back to the centre for a free meal.
At 10:30 leave for a scenic drive passing through rice fields, rubber, cocoa and pepper plantation, luxuriant tropical forest and river and mountain ranges to explore Annah Rais, a Bidayuh Tribe Longhouse home of over 80 families. Located in an isolated valley guarded by four mountains, a strategic position which helped the villagers ward off headhunting attacks in the past. Discover the old bamboo longhouse with the guide, learn about the Bidayuh culture and observe the leisure-pace lifestyle of the natives. Have a tea break with a family. Among the interesting relics, get to see the Cannon of Peace and several human skulls which are about 100 years old kept at the Head House called Baruk.
Enjoy a traditional Bidayuh lunch followed with a jungle walk to visit the village farm. Return to Kuching.
The estimated arrival at the hotel is 15:00. (L)
Distances and journey time:
Kuching Hotel to Semenggoh (20km): 45 min
Semenggoh to Annah Rais (37km): 1 hour
Annah Rais to Kuching (56km): 1h30 min
Our services include:
– Private return transfers in Air
– Entrance Fees
Our services do not include:
– Additional charge for pick up from outskirts hotel
– Other meals not mentioned
– Services not mentioned
– Drinks, mini bar, and personal expenses
– Travel insurance
– Tourism tax
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Private Beachside Dining at Shangri La Rasa Ria
- Elegant treats - Be served canapes at sunset
- Dinner with a view - Dine in a private beachfront gazebo
- Delightful culinary experience - Enjoy a five-course set dinner
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.