Luxury is redefined as each fibre is touched by hand. Artisans of Tanoti indulge in ancient craft and create enchanting hand weaves. Boutique songket atelier, Tanoti, houses a community of master weavers and designers in Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo. Each artisan revering the glory of their heritage. Each Tanoti piece celebrating mastery in craftsmanship. Soul becomes infused into the Tanoti piece, and so unequivocally, luxury enters a new realm.
MEALS [ L ]
08:30 Experience songket handweaving at a workshop together with the artisans of Tanoti. Be given a briefing on Tanoti and the story of songket, before proceeding to a short tour of Tanoti House. A loom will be allocated to the visitor(s) and they will spend the rest of the day learning and thereafter designing and hand-weaving a simple piece of songket fabric which they can bring home as souvenir. The design may be one of Tanoti’s own designs or an original provided beforehand. (L)
Our services include:
– Private Air
-conditioned luxury vehicle transfer with English Speaking Guide from Hotel to Tanoti House
– Design Assistance, Use of Loom, Weaving Equipment, yarns and raw materials.
– Simple Lunch with artisans
– Drinking Water
Our services do not include:
– Additional charge for pick up from outskirts hotel
– Other meals not mentioned
– Alcoholic and soft Drinks not included
– Services not mentioned
– Travel insurance
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.
Where Nature Meets Street Art
- Discover the hidden secrets of art and nature in Penang.
- Learn the life behind the art at Balik Pulau
- Enjoy lunch at the trendy Hin Bus Depot