The development in Kuala Lumpur does not stand still, the urbanization is changing rapidly. Fortunately, there is still a hidden authentic Kuala Lumpur, where a melting pot of points of interest, local markets, smells and, last but not least, the kindness of the local people is to be found.
MEALS [ L ]
Meet at the Malaysian Tourism Centre (MaTIC) 07:45 for Bike fitting and safety briefing. Depart at 08:00 for the 4-hour cycle taking in the main highlights of the city of Kuala Lumpur. Cycle the back streets of Kampung Bahru, a traditional neighbourhood founded in 1899 located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Peruse the streets of this 110-year-old residential area. Cycle down Petaling Street Bazaar, stop for a guided tour around Sze Ya Temple and the nearby Sri Maha Mariamman Hindu Temple. The first is the oldest Taoist temple in the city with a history dating back to 1864. Built by Kapitan Cina Yap Ah Loy, one of the founding fathers of Kuala Lumpur, it features an ornate interior and elaborate roof ridges. Take a photo of TL Tower as you pass by. Park the bike and explore by foot a local Market, try a local exotic fruit and browse the local goods.
Stop for a local brunch to re-energize. Move onto the historic colonial centre Merdeka Square of town. Cycle along an impressive array of architectural wonders, with buildings dating back to the late 1800s. The cycling guide will explain the origins and influences that led to the development of the stunning facades. As you cycle back towards KLCC Finish the cycle with a photo stop of the Petronas Towers and arrive back at MaTIC approx.12:00.
Our services include:
– 1 x English speaking local cycling guide for every 5 cyclists
– Water x 2
– Local Brunch
Our services do not include:
– Transport to start point
– Transport from end point
– Other meals not mentioned
– Services not mentioned
– Drinks, mini bar, and personal expenses
– Travel insurance
– Tourism tax
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.
Where Nature Meets Street Art
- Discover the hidden secrets of art and nature in Penang.
- Learn the life behind the art at Balik Pulau
- Enjoy lunch at the trendy Hin Bus Depot