MEALS [ L ]
Start the tour of the gallery and learn about the past in which tin was a prized commodity, the triumphs and challenges of Yong Koon and his family. The Gallery displays Yong Koon’s tools, his personal effects and pewter artefacts.
Following the gallery tour, be acquainted with the processes of the craft. Try out hammering small uniformly sized dimples on a cylindrical pewter sheet, the same process used by Royal Selangor artisans to create the classic hammered finish. Continue to the Royal Selangor factory floor where real-time manufacturing takes place.
From here get hands-on at a 1-hour pewter workshop. (available for over 15-year olds only. Alternatively request the 30 min Hard Knock Class available for all ages). Craft a take-home pewter accessory using fundamental pewter crafting processes – casting, polishing and decorating, with options to create something freehand or from existing moulds.
Finish with late morning tea and cakes or an early Lunch at the Royal Selangor Café before returning back to Kuala Lumpur. (L)
Our services include:
– Private Transportation in Air
– The Foundry Workshop
– Lunch at Royal Selangor Cafe
Our services do not include:
– Photo and Video Fees
– Services not mentioned
– Travel insurance
– Tourism tax
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.
Where Nature Meets Street Art
- Discover the hidden secrets of art and nature in Penang.
- Learn the life behind the art at Balik Pulau
- Enjoy lunch at the trendy Hin Bus Depot