MEALS [ L ]
Trains depart from KL Sentral at 08:30 and arrive at Ipoh at 11:15. Sit back and take a comfortable ride through the countryside and watch as the scenery changes from the bustling city of KL to quaint Ipoh town, set amongst the backdrop of magnificent limestone mountains.
Arrive at Ipoh Railway Station, a superb example of colonial architecture. Start the walking tour on
Ipoh’s Heritage Trail, a leisurely stroll around the compact and historic old town area of Ipoh. The walk is about 6.5km long but there is a choice and option to extend or shorten the trip depending on physical ability.
Take in several notable historical landmarks while also stopping to taste the local delicacies. Continue past the mosque at Ipoh and onto the Birch Memorial Clock Tower, built in 1909 in memory of James WW Birch, Perak’s first British Resident.
Stop for some famous traditional snacks along the way. Ipoh’s biscuits and pastries date back to early 1900s where they were traditionally given during Chinese festivals. Today, they are still handmade.
Stop for a coffee at Old Town coffee shop to try Ipoh’s famed white coffee. It is different from black coffee as the beans are not roasted with sugar. From here, explore freely in the numerous hidden cobblestone alleyways of the old town experiencing its rich culture of old-world colonial era. The walls of the old town have been restored and turned into pieces of art and old shops that are now quaint cafes.
Enjoy the taste of laksa for lunch or one of Ipoh’s many famous dishes such as bean sprouts chicken, Seng Kee curry mee or pork satay.
Finish the walking trail at the vibrant Concubine Lane which is home to the best antiques in Ipoh and fantastic architecture. Walk around at leisure before finishing the day with a cold and refreshing snow beer. Then, head back to Ipoh station for the 15:25 train arriving back to the city of KL by 18:15. (L)
Our services include:
– Return ETS Gold Train Tickets from KL Sentral to Ipoh
– English Speaking Guide
– Tasting as indicated
Our services do not include:
– Transfer from hotel to KL Sentral or vice versa
– Other meals not mentioned
– Services not mentioned
– Drinks, mini bar, and personal expenses
– Travel insurance
– Tourism tax
Similar Tours You May Like
Not quite right or still need some more inspiration? Take a look at the journeys below and discover what other people who liked this tour also looked at!
Langkawi Bird Watching
- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in their natural habitat
- Immerse in Langkawi’s natural landscape and surroundings
- For photographers, capture nice photographs of these birds and landscape
Street Art & Treats in Old Town Ipoh
- Explore the abundant street art and delicious eats in Ipoh
- Stroll the laneways of Ipoh in search of 7 famous murals
- Enjoy local snacks like popiah’s or famous caramel custard
White Water Rafting and Caves in Gopeng EX. Ipoh
- Go white water rafting down the Kampar River
- Explore the longest limestone cave in peninsular Malaysia
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites formations
Langkawi’s UNESCO Geoparks By Helicopter
- Get a bird’s eye view of Langkawi aboard a helicopter
- Enjoy panoramic views of 99 islands that date back hundreds of million years
- Fly above majestic landscapes, sparkling lakes and emerald seas
Private Beachside Dining at Shangri La Rasa Ria
- Elegant treats - Be served canapes at sunset
- Dinner with a view - Dine in a private beachfront gazebo
- Delightful culinary experience - Enjoy a five-course set dinner
Cameron Highland Explorer
- Explore the heart of Mount Brinchang Mossy Forest
- Trek with an experienced nature guide
- Gain knowledge in valuable medicinal plants from the rainforest.